Chapter 3

I woke up to the Sound of my little sister crying. I Checked my phone to see it was only 3:30 am.

"Oh God" I muttered as I dragged myself out of bed to my little sisters room down the hall. When i entered the room My mom was sitting in the rocking chair next to Jessies bed, Trying to calm her down but Jess wasnt Having it.

"Oh Tony Im sorry she woke you up" My mom apologized when she saw me in the doorway.

"Its Alright Ma, Here, Let me try" I said with my arms outstreched.

"No Tony Ill take care of it, You Have to go to work in a little, Go Back to Bed" she said shifting Jess on her lap to try and cradle her.

"I wont be able to sleep anymore anyways mom, its only like an hour away so give me Her and you go back to bed, I promise Ill take care of it"

She looked down at the wailing child and then back up to me like she was about to protest, but the exhaustion in her eyes told me another story.

"Please Mom, Dont fight me on this." I said Grabbing Jess from her.

She took another look at me.

"Goodnight Mijoh" she said, then running a hand through her messy fading hair, she turned and left the room

Once she left I stared down at My little sister with her Puffy eyes and runny nose.

"Well aren't you the little drama Queen, Even when your bawling your eyes Out your just as Beautiful as your momma" I whispered to the toddler in my hands. "Im Gonna have to beat up so many guys for trying to Make you theirs, Because No one will ever be good enough for You Jess."

I Changed her diaper and wiped her tears and Boogers away, Putting her in a Ninja Turtles Onsie and taking her down the Hall to my room, But i stopped at my moms door and peeked in to see her Fast asleep on her bed, The Black circles under her eyes illuminated by the dull light from the hall and her worry lines still eveident even in her sleep.

I Knew she was worried about the rent and the food, and about me and Jess. But today i would take her worries Away. I walked into my room and shut the door behind me, Jess was Still squirming in my arms but atleast she wasnt crying. I picked up my phone to see that it was already 4am which meant i had to get Jess to sleep in less than 30 Minutes so i could shower and get my stuff Ready. Before i got the chance to put my phone down it vibrated in my hand signaling I had gotten a message.

 Your lazy ass probably isnt awake So Im on my way to Throw water on you, Ya little turtle.-Mike

I sighed but wrote back quickly.

No Need Giraffe Im already up, Dealing with my mom, Ill be over at Vics Around 5:30-Tony

Oh Alright ill tell Vic You Might be Late-Mike

I Locked My Phone and put it back down on the Bed.

"Alright Munchkin, Your being difficult so you have to help me Out here" I said kneeling in front of my bed where she sat.

She shook her head visciously before crossing her hands over her chest.

"Hmmm How about a song?" I Cooed

she looked at me with gleaming eyes "Singy Singy" she whispered more to herself than to me

"I dont know, is Jess Gonna Be a Good Girl today or a Bad Girl?" I said Rubbing my chin to make it look like i was thinking.

"I good girl Toey " she said in the cutest baby voice ever. Giving me these big green eyes and Quivering lip.

"Alright Doll Face, Come Here" I said Signaling to my lap on the floor. She practically through herself on me and i let out a chuckle while i thought about a good song to sing to her.