Chapter 15

{Tonys POV}

The next morning, I was up and ready to go hours before I had to meet the boys.
The reality of the situation though, was that I actually hadn't slept. I stared at my phone aimlessly as the minutes ticked by slowly. 6:25, 6:26, 6:27.
I still had a little under 2 hours before I had to be out of here but for some reason I stayed in bed. The rational part of me usually sets out around this time and drives around the city until its time for me to make my way to Vic's, but something inside me refused to move. Its as if my entire body knew there would be trouble if I did my usual routine today and I wasn't up to argue with my inner self.
So I stayed in bed and I watched the clock slowly make its way to 7:00 as I rummaged through my alternate route. In my mind I ran over the details of my usual days when we have a meeting. I leave, drive around the city to make sure no one is following me, make my way to the Record store, park my bike, and walk along the street to get to Vic's. But it didn't feel right doing it that way so I decided I would start everything from scratch.

I stood up and began to stretch, moving around my room slowly and taking in everything around me. Eventually I came to the window and when I looked out, everything looked normal. Cars passed our house and the neighbours were headed to work. I followed each person one after the other and I envisioned myself in their shoes. What a huge relief it would be to actually have a normal job and not worry about my families safety or how I'm going to make it last. I wish I hadn't been such an idiot and I would have stayed in school.
I always thought I was untouchable and that anything in life would just work itself out. Now I see the consequences of my selfish attitude and I grew angrier with myself every second I thought about it.
I felt bitter and worthless and I just wanted to hurt others, to make them feel what I did. I wanted to make things right but at the same time I just wanted everything to disappear.
I shut the blinds with an agressive hand and tore myself away from the window.
I swear I'm losing my sanity.

I took one last look around my room before grabbing a Sweater and heading out into the hall. I didn't bother to change or shower or even check on my mom and Jess. I didn't feel like myself so I figured I'd just trudge through the day and hope my attitude fixes itself.
"I'm headed out." I yelled into the empty hallway once I reached the stairs and as I walked down two by two I decided I'd take my moms car today instead of my Motorcycle.
Go big or go home right?

Once I pulled out of the garage and onto the main street I took my time on the road. I decided on taking the short route to Vics and instead of stopping off near the Record store I would go the opposite way. The radio in my moms car is busted so the only noise I heard were the other cars on the road and the wind as I drove through the crisp city streets. I pulled into a neighborhood on the opposite street and parked my car a few houses down from the house behind Vic's.
I noticed the time was only 7:30 and I still had a good thirty minutes to go before the meeting started so I say in my moms car and watched. I watched the occasional cars pass by and the few kids walking to a nearby bus stop and I saw Dogs and Birds and all sorts of idiotic things, but the one thing that caught my attention was A dark grey car with tinted Windows that had pulled into this street almost exactly at the same time as me and had parked on the opposite side of the road. I watched the car through my rear view as I held my phone in front of me, pretending to check a text.
I knew something was up. Besides me, who would pull into a neighborhood and just sit in their car? Unless they were waiting for me to make a move.

"Son of a Bïtch" I cursed quietly under my breathe.
I can't leave, that would be too suspicious. I also can't call to warm the guys, chances are they bugged my phone or even my car. Assuming these were Officer Martin's Guys.
The Fuentes family has many public enemies. A lot of other businesses don't agree with Vic's ruthless ways and his unorthodox procedures but It hasn't stopped him from expanding. Throughout my years in the business I've learned to analyse everything and the most dangerous things against me were bugs, wires, cameras, recorders, basically anything that could give us away to the police or give information to our enemies.
I sat quietly going over my options and I came to the realization that the shirt I had on from last night could have some sort of micro bug or chip in it. I know I sound completely crazy but that's what five years under Vic's teachings get you. Extreme caution and extreme paranoia.
I pulled off my Sweater and my shirt throwing them to the side as I inhaled one last time to clear my head and I stepped out, leaving everything in the car. My phone, keys, wallet, shirt, sweater and even my hat.
I slammed the door and made my way to A small white house with lots of trees in the front and back yard. I opened the gate and as I turned to shut it behind me I glanced at the suspicious car. It was in the same place and nothing had changed but I knew I had to take every precaution available.
The house I was walking up to was a known trap house. There's a raid here at least once a month and Mike is cool with the Guy, Frankie, who owns the place. He owes us a lot of favors and I'm planning on pulling in a few of them. I trudged up to the door and rang the bell twice.
Commotion was heard from the other side as a deep voice boomed through the door.
"Who is it?" Frankie spoke
"Its Tony." I answered lamely.
"Yeah I don't know any Tonys, so get out of here." he bellowed through the wood. The irritation in his voice irked me, but its not like I could openly use the Fuentes name, I could still be in hearing range from anyone trying to listen.
I tapped on the door once more but there was no answer this time, and as my anger filled up I Swung my fist at the door over and over again until it was swung open and a large figure towered over me, metal baseball bat in one hand while the other hung down, brass knuckles already in place.
The look on his face gave off a violent overtone and his aggression only seemed to multiply, but I smirked and his face dropped.
"Are you fücking kidding me, P. What are you doing here?" he asked lowly, poking his head out and looking around behind me, I'm assuming to check if i was alone.
"Just wanted to see my old buddy" I replied lamely "And I actually forgot you called me P. Instead of Tony" I added with a laugh as I made my way inside.
He followed closely after shutting the door and we made our way through the sea of people scattered around. I wasn't sure if they were high or dead and honestly it wasn't my concern.