Chapter 35

Abby's POV

    Right now the boys were in my room, along with Kelsey and we were talking. 

       "So Abby why do you hate Caroline." Corbyn asked. I froze. Should I tell them. I looked over at Kelsey. She nodded at me.

   "They are gonna find out soon enough. They should know the true story." Kelsey said. I nodded. 

     "It was started in 9th grade." I started

    "Caroline and I were best friends. We were inseparable. We went almost everywhere together. We were friends since second grade. We hung out all the time. We shared everything. That is until Derek came to town. Derek Cory Bentson. All girls fell at his feet. Girls would beg him to sleep with them. I hated him at first. Then he started talking to me. His charm got me. I fell in love with him. He asked me to be his girlfriend. He treated me like a queen.

       When I would be on my period he would bring me pain killers, teddy bears, flowers, and chocolates. He would make me coffee and tea. Like I said he treated me like a queen. I was in love with him. I though he lost his player ways and was in love with me. He claimed he loved me. I was totally in love with him. I thought we were gonna get married. That was until 11th grade when I found out he was cheating on me with Caroline for over 4 months. Caroline was in love with Derek. She was always jealous that he chose me and not her. She became psycho. She would hit me, cut me, carve words into my arm, you name it she did it.

      I have many scars all over my body because of her. The main ones are on my arms and back. There is some on my stomach as well. Derek didn't know anything was going on until he caught Caroline cutting a huge X in my back. A line from my shoulder to my hip on both sides. That night she disappeared as well as Derek. That night I was also going to kill myself. I was done fighting. I believed that life would be better without me. Then Zach messaged me. I changed my mind because of him. Now he is dating Caroline. She is back. She can hurt me again. She would threaten my family if I told anyone. Kelsey is the only one who knew about this until now. I tried to tell Zach but he said I was lying. He didn't believe me." I said finishing my story, tears streaming down my face. 

    The boys were looking at me with sad and shocked expressions.

      "C-Can we see some of the scars. L-like the X." Daniel asked. I nodded and looked at Kelsey, she nodded.

      "1. I have a bra on so i'm just gonna take my shirt off." The boys nodded.

      "2. It is still pretty red since this only happened not even a year ago and it was cut over many times." They nodded. I turned around and pulled my shirt up over my head. I heard a few gasps. 

    I turned around and let them read the words that were carved on my arms and stomach. The boys looked at my scars with horrified expressions.

      "S-She did all of this." Jonah asked.

       "For the most part. I did these." I pointed out the long razor cuts. Their eyes trailed all over my body studying all of the scars. I started to feel uncomfortable so I put my sweatshirt back on.

   I slid up my right arm sleeve and showed them the one I did a week ago. Kelsey looked at this cut with a horrified expression. 

   "I did this one the day I found out I was moving to LA."I said.

  "Abby your promised me you would stop after that one night." Kelsey said hurt. I looked down. 

   "What happened then?" Jack asked. 

   "I had enough of all the hate and bullying that I took my moms kitchen knife and cut my wrists. Kelsey and my older brother Alex found me on my kitchen floor. I lost a lot of blood and I almost died but the doctors gave me blood and boom here I am." I said with a small laugh but it came out as a sob.

 "We are so sorry Abby." Daniel said while I was getting pulled into a group hug. I love these boys.