[10]

Paul had been acting strange since the dinner

Paul had been acting strange since the dinner. There was something... off. At least Kehlani thought that there was. Jacob Black had been sitting with the boy for a while now but he didn't speak to him and on top of that whenever Jacob had tried to approach her on several occasion Paul always seemed to stop him. 

Kehlani had no idea what was going on but she wanted to know. She contemplated just asking Paul and then remembered how secretive he was. He still wouldn't tell her why they broke up. Sure, she was sort of over it. She no longer loved him in the same way. However, feelings like that never really leave you, she still loved him but she knew that a relationship wasn't possible. She was fine with friendship and was growing more okay with it by the day. 

She finished school and was beyond happy to know it was the weekend again and she could relax, after completing her homework. The weekend also meant she had more time to think and that's what she did. She thought about when she would have to leave school and how people would react to her being pregnant. God, when she started showing school was going to become the depths of hell, it would be the one place Satan would refuse to visit. She shook her head, rubbing between her eyebrows in an attempt to rid herself of all the bad thoughts and the stress but it didn't work. 

She desperately wanted a hug. Perhaps it was the hormones or the idea that she would be feeling incredibly lonely when the only people in school that would talk to her would be Hallie, Andi and Paul and she needed to take advantage of the people around her while they were still there. Then again, if they left her maybe they weren't really her friends. 

With a sigh, she entered her house, throwing her keys into the bowl by the door. She made her way to her room and began her homework. 

---

It was a few hours later when Kehlani felt even lonelier and decided she would call Emily. 

"Hey, Emily, it's Kehlani," she greeted.

"Hey, Kehlani, how are you?" She asked. 

"I'm fine, you?"

"That sounds like a lie," she replied.

"I just kind of feel lonely, and I thought I'd talk to you, but if you're busy then-"

"I'm not, how about you come over?" She suggested. "The boys won't mind."

"Are you sure?" Kehlani muttered. 

"Of course!" She exclaimed. "It's nice having another girl around."

"I'll drive over now,"  Kehlani told. 

"See you then."

---

Kehlani arrived at Emily and Sam's house, knocking on the door. Emily answered, greeting her with a hug. 

"Come in, come in." 

"Thank you for letting me come over," Kehlani spoke.

"It's no problem, I can see us becoming great friends," Emily told. Kehlani couldn't help but smile at her. 

"I hope so," Kehlani admitted. "I could use a more mature friend," she quipped. "My other friends tend to act about five years old. Don't get me wrong, I love them, but sometimes I need..." Kehlani trailed off, trying to think of what to say. 

"Someone to take you seriously?" Emily finished. 

"Kind of, yeah," Kehlani muttered, sitting down at the table. 

"How's school?" Emily asked, changing the subject. 

"It's okay, I'm doing okay. I just don't know how I'm going to continue when I..."

"You have me to help you and your mom," Emily reassured. 

"Thank you."

Kehlani felt a little less alone in that moment. She needed someone to tell her it was okay. In truth, she had no idea what she was doing and she was scared that when she finally gave birth that she would be a bad mother. She was scared that Paul would leave like her dad did and that her child would grow up like her. She didn't want that. She wanted to be a good mother, she wanted her child to have a dad and she wanted to be able to provide for her child so that they would want for nothing.