[03]

Once again Kehlani threw up her breakfast

Once again Kehlani threw up her breakfast. Perhaps it was the eggs. She'd eat something else tomorrow. Andrea, like the previous day, told her to stay home from school. So, she did. She was rummaging through the cupboards, trying to find something she could keep down. Miguel was in the shower, Valeria was brushing her teeth, Andrea was getting her shoes on ready to take Valeria to school and then go to work and Gabriel was God knows where. 

Kehlani sighed, not knowing what she could and couldn't eat and gave up. Making her way to her bedroom, she grabbed a stray magazine. Before she could open the door, Gabriel came out. 

"What were you doing in my room?" She asked, her tone venomous. 

"I needed to use your bathroom," he explained. 

"You used my bathroom?" Kehlani questioned, not noticing how her body language changed. Her posture was better and her arms were crossed as worry flashed across her face. 

"Yeah, there a problem? You hiding something?" Gabriel interrogated.

"Gab, what would I have to hide, that I'm popping pills?" She quipped, hoping to get him to go away.

"Or something bigger," he replied. "Much bigger, well it would be when it grows."

Kehlani's eyes widened. She grabbed his arm and dragged him into her bedroom, shutting the door behind her. 

"What are you talking about?" Kehlani exclaimed. 

"I saw the test." 

"My maths test? Because I got a ninty on that," she told. 

"The pregnancy test," he whispered. Kehlani's mouth formed an 'oh' shape as she thought of how to respond. "I can't believe you'd be so reckless and stupid."

"You think I didn't take precautions? I thought I loved him and he left me and I'm gonna be a teenage mom so save your insults and judgement, I already feel like crap, you don't have to make it worse," she hissed, moving to sit on her bed. She ignored him and didn't move until she heard the door opening.

"I won't tell mom, you can do that," he muttered before leaving her to her thoughts. 

---

Again Kehlani received a phone call from her friends and she told them she was ill once again but that she would be in the next day. She couldn't miss too much school, she would have to miss it nearer when she would give birth.

She took the opportunity to call one of the hospitals in Port Angeles and book her appointment. Luckily for her, there was an opening that weekend, so she took the appointment and she would have her car to get there, making some excuse. 

Kehlani Vale lied to her mother about going shopping with Andi and Hallie. Her mom was sceptical because she had  'the flu'   but Kehlani convinced her, saying the fresh air would do her good and so would the exercise. She also promised to go straight home if she felt sick. When she finally made it to the door, her bag in one hand and her car keys in the other, Gabriel was glaring her in a way that made her stomach turn. He knew and he wasn't happy about it, his twin was pregnant. On one hand, he wanted to be supportive but on the other hand, she was pregnant at sixteen.

She swiftly exited the house, unable to stand her twins judgement much longer. 

Time to go to the doctors, she thought, starting the engine and driving away, ignoring the sinking in her stomach as her mind went back to the events of earlier and the harsh glare from Gabriel.