[08]

Kehlani attended school as normal, the only difference was the fact that Paul walked with her to her car afterwards to discuss the details of the pregnancy and his part in the whole thing

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Kehlani attended school as normal, the only difference was the fact that Paul walked with her to her car afterwards to discuss the details of the pregnancy and his part in the whole thing. 

"When's your scan?" He questioned.

"Not for another month and a half, it's the twelve-week scan, there are no problems so I don't need one just yet," Kehlani explained. "I'll text you the exact date," she added. 

"Look, Kehlani," Paul began. Said girl turned to him, stopping by her car. "I'm sorry that things ended the way they did between us," he apologised.

"You never did tell me why we broke up," she replied, raising an eyebrow. "And I have a feeling you won't now."

"It's complicated," Paul justified. 

"More so than this?" 

"You'd be surprised," he joked, his nervousness showing. 

"Anyway, I need to go shopping after the first trimester for baby stuff," Kehlani told. "If you want to come with me you can."

"Why after the first trimester?"

"Because during the first trimester I'm at the highest risks of a miscarriage and after this time the risk goes down," she informed, her voice quiet. 

"Shit," Paul muttered. "Should you be in school?"

"I can't stay at home for nine months, I still need an education if I want a job to support the baby," she argued. "And people will get suspicious if I'm not in school for nine months." She unlocked her car, placing her books in the passenger seat. "Listen, I'll see you later," she spoke, moving over to the driver's side.

"See you later, Kehlani," Paul replied, walking away from her. 

---

Kehlani arrived home to see it completely empty. She made her way to her bedroom, dumping her bag down before sitting on her bed to begin her homework. 

She was about halfway done with her work when the doorbell went off. She frowned, placing everything down before answering the door. Hallie and Andi stood at the door, two pizzas in Hallie's hands and hot chocolates in the Andi's. 

"We bought food and hot chocolate, we thought we could have one of our totally iconic sleepovers," Andi told. 

"We have movies," Hallie added. 

"Come in," Kehlani replied, moving out of the way.

---

The three of them had finished the pizzas and were popping popcorn in the microwave.

"So he wants to help?" Hallie asked, glancing through her cupboards. 

"Yeah, he's worried about me, I mentioned that we shouldn't buy anything until the second trimester and explained why and he asked if I should be attending school," Kehlanie answered. 

"At least he still cares, even if it's not in the way that you want," Andi reasoned. 

"Yeah," Kehlani muttered before the microwave beeped. She grabbed the popcorn, pouring it into a bowl. 

"If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go raid your fridge," Hallie spoke, moving away from the other two and practically sticking her head into the fridge as she grabbed items, ready to take it up to Kehlani's room as the rest of her family had arrived home a little while back. "Okay, I'm ready."

Kehlani laughed before leading the girls back to her room to continue the movie they were watching. 

"There's a party next weekend that we're all invited to, one down at the beach," Hallie told. "Some guy in the year above us is throwing it and his friend said I could go and to bring you two," she finished.

"You gonna go?" Kehlani asked. 

"Might as well, I haven't been to one in over a month, and neither have you guys," Hallie told with a shrug.

"Are you gonna go Kehlani?" Andi asked. 

"I don't know..."

"You need a bit of fun. You need a break from the stress of your pregnancy and the whole Paul situation," Hallie encouraged.

"I'll talk to mom about it but yeah I'll go," Kehlani gave in. 

"Great!" Hallie exclaimed.

New Beginnings | Jacob Blackजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें