~Chapter 14~

Corbyn's POV

I was sitting on the couch scrolling through Fan accounts on Instagram when I heard the front door open and close. I put my phone down and listened out for what was happening. There was no noise coming from the hallway to the door, it could have just been my imagination but was so realistic.

I walked down the hallway and saw Autumn sitting against the wall tears streaming down her face silently as she stared blankly into the distance, I immediately ran up to her and crouched down next to her as I wrapped my arms around her, enveloping her in a hug. She buried her head into my shoulder and started sobbing,  sobs raking through her body.

We stayed like that on the floor her crying for about 10 minutes. Until she stopped sobbing and looked up at me, face blotchy, red eyes and still beautiful. She sniffled and rubbed her face.

"I'm sorry" she whispered barely audibly.

"Hey, what for?" I answered gently. She shook her head as more tears fell down her face.

"I-I don't know I'm sorry" she sniffled, rubbing away tears.

"It's okay, what happened do you want to talk about it" I spoke gently and quietly. She nodded but didn't say anything. Instead she just re-adjusted herself on the floor and pulled up her hoodie sleeve to dry her face.

"So you know Marcus?"  That psychopathic kid who pushed her in the road and then threatened her

"Yeah" I answered quietly

"Well, I was planning on exposing him in front of everyone in the cafeteria, that went to plan but.....but he told me that he'd been cheating on me before we broke up....it brought back memories from my parents....this was meant to hurt him but I guess it also hurt me" she explains before crying into my now damp shoulder again. I can't help but admit but I did feel a pang of jealousy towards Marcus. I'd thought that Autumn had gotten over him and after everything he'd done to her I was surprised how she still showed feelings for him.

Autumn didn't cry for much longer, and she looked up again and wiped her face. She didn't say anything, she just sat there in silence.

"We should probably get up " I said in a jokey voice, lightening the mood. She smiled and I felt the flutters in my chest that I thought I had learnt to push away. "Do you want to do something?" 

"Can we go see Ugly?" She asked, with a small almost babyish voice. Earning a quizzical look from me. "You Know, my cat ..... thats named after Scott" she said with laughter threatening to come.

"Well I guess I could get aquatinted" I replied, shrugging as she giggled, with her amazing bubbly giggle. Though she still had a blotchy face from crying and mascara under her eyes, she acted like the Autumn that was my best friend with her personality and mischievous giggle.  "But we'll only go to your house if you beat me back here after getting ready" I claimed knowing that her competitive attitude would beat me, and that it could take forever for us to actually leave the house otherwise.

"It's on Besson" I heard as she jumped up and started to run own the corridor to her room with me sprinting up the stairs to mine.

                           --- --- ---

I sprinted back down the stairs, jumping the last few. I looked down the corridor to Autumn's room, it was empty so I slowed to a walk and started to regain my breathe.

I approached the door and the figure leaning against it, with crossed arms and a smug expression on her face. Personally I don't care how she beat me, though I don't understand how. She managed to Dutch braid her long hair, change top and fix her makeup in less time I changed my outfit. I'm not that slow am I?
"Come on slow coach" she said grabbing my wrist as I grabbed my keys and phone.