~Chapter 5~

Autumn's POV 

I was woken by a nurse coming in with my breakfast. I now understand what Corbyn was saying about the food. It drastically needs to improve if I'm going to be here all summer. I managed to eat most of the food (if you can even call it that) and then got out my MacBook to face time by best friend from England, Claire. As I lent over to grab it from the seat, pain roared up my leg, and spots danced infront of my eyes. I shut them tight for a few minutes willing the pain to go away eventually it did and my eyes opened to reveal a familiar figure standing at the door.

"Hey A" he said

"Hey Stranger" I replied a huge smile spreading across my lips even though there was still dull throbbing in my leg. He smiled and ran over and embraced me in a bear hug. Yeah it hurt but I squeezed back just as tight.

I pulled back and looked at my older brother.

"Scott, you're meant to be in Texas right now" He was meant to be in Texas performing at a festival.

"Yeah but when Bella called saying what happened, two days ago I couldn't stay there, I didn't want what happened last time to happen again did, I couldn't lose you as well." His voice caught as he was finishing and he put his head in hands.

"But" He slowly looked up "I'm here aren't I and how many times do I have to tell you that Mum wasn't your fault,  and don't worry I'm gonna sort Marcus out."

"Marcus, what does he have to do with this?"

"Shoot Bella didn't tell you everything did she?" He looked at me, all confused and concerned. " I broke up with Marcus, cause he was toxic-"

"What?"

"He was toxic, keep up." I was glared at but I ignored him like I'd been used to in the last two years. "Yeah and you know that he gets angry easily, well I - I got pushed backwards and - and we'll I hope she told you the rest. The next thing I knew was waking up here yesterday." I didn't get a reply he just stared at me with a mix of anger ,sorrow, pity and guilt, before I was covered with a hug again.

I could tell he was crying with the way  his chest moved up and down.

"Hey S, it's okay, I know I'm going to walk again in September we'll be back to normal."  He pulled away and gave we a small smile

"I know this whole thing just reminds me of....."

"Yeah I know, me too, I just think that's she's up there in a better place, the doctor said it was a miracle that I can a way with just these ok injuries let alone my life so, she must have been looking out for me. And remember not everything ends in the same way" He smiled and nodded his tear stained face. We both just sat there for about three minutes silently crying thinking about Mum. He broke the silence by reaching into his bag and getting a little bag, he placed it infront of me and I reached to open it but he pulled me back.

"Let me speak first. So Bella told me your old one had been smashed in the accident" he gestured for me to open it and I did. Inside revealed a new phone. The iPhone seven in Rose gold. I looked at my brother with a smile across my face. "It has your old sim card and stuff"

"Seriously, I can't have this Scott"

"Yes, you can" he picked it up and placed it in my hand. I guess I'll have to give in now.

"Thanks," I smiled and fumbled trying to get it out the box. I was halfway through getting my new phone set up when the door opened and Corbyn walked in, today he had a new type of plaster on his neck. Scott turned around.

"A who's this?" He confronted me. Whilst at the same time Corbyn said.

"I'll leave"

"No Corbyn stay. " He came in smiled at my brother and sat down in the other seat. "Corbyn this is Scott my brother and Scott this is Corbyn " they said hey and Scott gave me a look. "Scott, Oh my god he's just a friend" I said face palming mentally.

"You sure" I hid under my covers to try and muffle out the conversation, which was probably just awkward silence. I decided to poke my head out slowly and saw them both sitting there looking at me.

"What?" I said trying to sound normal for a girl who just dived under duvet cover for about five minutes. Corbyn looked at me and I smiled a small embarrassed smile causing us both to burst out laughing. After a little bit Scott joined in and I was filled with happiness, this was probably one of the few times in the last few years me and my brother had laughed so hard.

  It had been about 30 minutes when my brother needed to goto pick his girlfriend up from the airport, as she also decided to leave the festival to come back to LA. He exchanged numbers with Corbyn before leaving. There was a small awkward silence.

"Your brother seems nice."

"Yeah, he came back all the way back from Texas where he was performing at a festival"

"Performing" Corbyn looked a bit surprised "What does he do?"

"He's trying to become a DJ and that was he first big shot and I kinda ruined it, to be honest I didn't want him to come back but Bella being the sweetie she is called him."

"DJ that's cool" Corbyn obviously wasn't telling me something but I met him yesterday so I didn't want him to tell me anything he didn't want to.

"So want to watch Netflix?"

"Yeah" he got up on the bed to lay next to me and passed me my computer, I logged on and opened Netflix.

"The Good place ok with you?" He nodded. I opened it and played episode one.

We were on episode four, when Tasha came in and said she was coming back in 15 minutes to collect me for my first physio appointment. I shut off my computer and Corbyn got up and stretched. When he yawned he was like a cute little cat, his eyes screwed shut and mouth open wide. I couldn't help but let a huge smile spread across my face.

"What"

"You're cute, like that" I could feel my face burning up.

"Thanks, so are you" I smiled.

And a few minutes later when he hugged me goodbye, just before we pulled away, he kissed my cheek and I smiled and kissed his cheek back.

I was definitely gonna catch feelings for this boy.