We said our goodbyes before hanging up, and I let the tea sit for a few minutes, giving Dawson the attention he'd been begging for.

Bryce was usually playing video games at this point in the day, Dawson right by his side.

I removed the tea bag from the cup and added a spoon of honey before bringing it back to Bryce's room.

"Hey bud," Bryce greeted to Dawson, scratching him behind the ears.

"He's dying for attention," I informed Bryce, placing the tea on his nightstand.

"I'll bet," Bryce said, sitting up with a slight groan.

"So I talked to Kayla," I said, as he took a sip of the tea.

"This is good," he complimented. "And what'd she say about the tux fitting?"

"She didn't much care," I said, brushing it off. "She was more worried about you."

"Typical Kayla." He took another sip of his tea.

"I told her to call your mom."

Bryce raised an eyebrow at me, taken by surprise.

"I know you'll probably hate me," I added. "But I'm just worried about you."

He placed his tea back down on his nightstand. "You don't need to call my mom."

"Kayla didn't disagree."

She didn't really give an opinion on the matter, but she didn't disagree either, so it wasn't really a lie.

"My mom is busy," Bryce pointed out. "You don't need to call her back home for every little headache and sniffle that I get."

"Just let her come home and give you a clean bill of health," I said. "Even if it's just to appease me."

He rolled his eyes, letting out a sigh. "You're lucky I love you Ms. Sophie Allen."

I reached over and gave him a light kiss on the lips. "That I am Mr. Bryce Harrison. That I am."

~*~

"You're late," I commented, as Bryce pressed his lips to mine.

"I know," he answered, plopping in the desk next to me.

"Oversleep?" I asked, accepting a McDonald's Sweet Tea from him.

"Yeah," he said, rolling his eyes. "Like that would ever happen."

"How nice of you to grace us with your presence Mr. Harrison," Mrs. Kline called, raising her eyebrows at him.

"My pleasure Mrs. Kline," he answered, with his signature smirk.

"Today we'll be discussing the play Fences."

I pulled out my assignment, placing the answers to the mandatory reading questions on my desk.

Bryce did the same, yawning.

"Are you tired?" I asked. "Did you have another headache last night?"

"Yeah," he admitted, taking a sip of his sweet tea. "It's half the reason I was up all night."

"Pay attention," Mrs. Kline ordered, directed at the two of us. "If you continue to disrupt my class, you will end up in detention."

Bryce leaned back in his chair, placing his focus on her.

I half-listened the rest of the period, glancing at Bryce every few minutes, but he never took his gaze off of the front of the classroom.

"I think you should get your headaches checked out," I said, following Bryce out of the classroom once the bell rang.