Necessary?

"Just do it!" I hear someone yell from outside my window and I open my eyes up slowly as the sun peering into my room fills me with warmth! Do what? And whose outside my house?

"NO YOU MORONS! My grandmother could do a better job! ti sembra sicuro per te scimmie?! ( Does that look secure to you monkeys?!) I hear Nicolo shouting through the window and now I definitely need to see what's going on!

I slowly lift myself up with my arms and then swing my legs over the side of the bed my belly of course huge as I come over to the window in my room. It's open as the sun peeks in, April has been warm and it's almost over.. in fact May is in a few days and that means I'm closer to my due date than I thought. My baby was due the 21 of June! I'm gonna have a June baby! I smile to myself but focus back on Nicolo as I see him below! What's he doing?!

He's yelling at a bunch of guys with tool belts strapped to their waists and to a guy who looks like he just woke up! Wait is that Chris?!

The sound of a drill startles me and I shoot up making my way down the stairs to the chilly living room! All the doors and windows are open and people are just walking in and out! April's warm but not that warm! And to my left there's a man drilling a hole in the wall!

I stand my eyes wide! What's going on here? And just as I'm about make my way to the door in my pajamas and bathrobe Nicolo and chris come in the house. His eyes fall on me and he suddenly seems to be unsure as to what to say or do he just looks like a deer caught in head lights!

"Valentina! Love what are you doing up so early?!" He asks walking up to me and placing a kiss on my cheek.
"Ummmm maybe because your so loud and your guys are drilling holes in the house!" I reply crossing my arms.
"Come" He says offering me his hand and I take it as he leads me to his house office. We step in and he closes the door behind us.

"Well?!" I ask as he stares down on me.
"Well Diavolo has informed me that he believes my father has diverted our attention on purpose to attack us, you and me personally so I'm just taking a few extra precautions, like installing security systems and no cameras of course as you once commanded!" He says sounding proud of himself for remembering.
"Nicolo I don't know what to say..I guess I can't say anything when it's at a point where we have no choice" I say running my hands through my hair..his father was messing with us! He wanted revenge and he was taking his sweet time to take it!

"I know, but please do not worry, in fact I brought a surprise with all of this!" He says smiling down at me!
"But is it all necessary?! I mean how bad is this threat? Maybe we should move away altogether!" I say my stress levels rising! I had totally disregarded his statement about a surprise.

"Yes it's bad but I don't want you to be the one to worry! So come on your surprise awaits!" He exclaims! Although he says it with happiness I can see the stress and anxiety eating away at him. It's gotten worse and he's using this surprise as a gateway. So I follow him out and to the front door where in comes a big large box!

"What's this?!" I exclaim, and he turns the box around for me to see the picture of the crib!

"It's a crib!" I say a smile tearing at my cheeks!
"Well I thought today would be an excellent day to build it!" He says
"Oh! Build it?! Like you're gonna do it?" I ask raising a brow.
"Yup! Just me! Everyone is leaving now anyway and it's a Sunday and Cam is with my mother! Sooooooo...I figured!" He says smirking.
"Wait Cam is where?" I ask totally forgetting her ice skating!
"Well my mother took her to ice skating, I unlike you did not forget!" He says turning away a minute to thank some guy in Russian! Yup not surprised he speaks that too.. and he says buy to Chris who waves and leaves to obviously change and fix that hangover!

"Okay now! I mean how hard can it be?!"

************

"Are all these parts necessary? What's the baby doing in this besides sleeping?!" I hear Nicolo yell from the living room. I had gone to make us tea and from the sound of it the crib building wasn't going as planned! I carry the mugs gently over to where he is and place them down on the little living room table.

"Well I told you to use the instructions" i say and he growls at me,
"I dont need instructions! They are too confusing anyways, now Valentina your distracting me!" He says picking up the instructions and reading them with a huff!

I try not to giggle at his frustrated state! His tie and suit jacket are thrown on the floor and his sleeves are rolled up all the way with his hair disheveled and his eyes squinting as if the paper is in Chinese.
"Your telling me you can pull apart a gun and put it back six different ways but you can't build a crib!" I exclaim and the look he gives me next causing me to giggle uncontrollably!

"Hey!" He yells scowling..
"I'm sorry I'm sorry please continue!" I say stifling my laughter and turning to his phone that sits on the table. It begins to buzz with an unknown number and I scowl.
"Nicolo someone's calling you" I say bringing his phone over to him as he takes it and answers it. But when he does his face goes blank. What's wrong? Whose he talking too?

He hangs up and puts it down before getting up and grabbing his coat.
"Who was that?" I question standing immediately as he makes his way to the door.

"Valentina I'll be back! And I promise I'll fix that crib!" He yells before leaving! Seriously! Where was he going? Who had called him? And why did he look somewhat stressed and somewhat excited?! What is going on?! And was all this disappearing stuff really necessary?