First Interrogation

They had come in the morning, early in the morning and took him down for his first interrogation. They said they just wanted to ask him a few questions on a murder that occurred around 3 years ago...but I don't think that's the truth. That might be their ticket into putting him in jail but this would only get worse if they were being fed anonymous pieces of evidence.

I stop thinking so hard and I can't move off the couch. Cam and I were lounged about the couch watching the magic school bus while she draws. He hadn't come back yet or called and I'm beginning to get a bit worried.

But I shoot up when I hear the front door slam shut. Was that him?
"VALENTINA!" Ugh Charlie...
She runs in with a giant binder in her hand and a pencil case. Her phone is stacked on top and she makes her way over to me. I had forgotten she had a spare key.

"Okay talk to me baby we're starting on rings, dresses, bridesmaids and venue. Don't get me started about dates and cakes!" Oh no! I texted her last night in excitement and now she was already wedding planning.

"Charlie we have time for all this!" I say smiling down at her and sitting up.
"No we don't you got what 3 months till this baby is out! That means your getting married in 6 months calculating recovery time plus planning so we have to start now! Oh my gosh we are so behind schedule! Good thing I made a cake tasting and designing appointment at the best bakery in the area in two weeks and I've already called a few caterers to go to the restaurants for tasting and selecting. One got back to me already and four are going to contact me by tomorrow!" I stare at her in awe as she rambles on and on.

"Woah woah woah that's a lot of wedding everything and I haven't eaten enough to hear about cake!" I say getting up and walking to the kitchen. Breakfast was like two minutes ago but I needed something sweet. Like mmmm chocolate. She follows me of course and breathes down my neck about how important everything is and how I can't take it like a joke!
"I am of course your maid of honor so being rightfully such I shall plan your wedding" she states as i pull out a pack of Twix.

"Mmhm but I don't want to rush Nicolo into anything because he's so already busy with-"

She cuts me off, "nothing at this moment is more important than this and i think if you do things ahead of schedule you won't be so bombarded by everything!"
"Charlie please!" I yell out frustratingly trying to open the Twix packet.

"Okay sheesh I'll calm down! Why are you so against wedding planning lady!" She grabs the Twix packet and opens it for me.

"I'm not it's just that I just got engaged and my fiancé for the second time was dragged away from me the next morning" I say sitting down and thinking about Nicolo. Was I still against the wedding thing? Maybe. But did I want to spend the rest of my life with him. Yes.

I sigh, "it's just I love him Charlie..I can't think about being without him, and when I do I just feel like I'm drowning. But I don't want to lose him again and I know that this marriage thing means a lot to him and I'm willing to accept that and to do it because I love him but I just want it to be slow and magical like I imagined it when I was just a girl. I just I'm scared" I say shrugging and munching on a Twix. It was the truth, Im scared of everything that could happen. He could go to jail for the rest of his life and I would be alone without him.

I don't think I could do that.
"Valentina I think your getting too caught up in the future... you need to learn to live in the now, because you love him and anyone can see that he loves you more than anything you should enjoy the moments that you will and can have" she takes my hand in hers.

"I love you and I want you to be happy but you shouldn't be afraid to lose him he isn't going anywhere and is probably walking right to the kitchen and we are about to hear hi-" she eyes me at the end and I chuckle at her subtlety. And she was right he had just made his way into the house and calls out to me.