Tell Nobody

I sit there with my iced coffee in hand and my computer screen in front of me. My appointment was today and somehow I felt extremely nervous. What if I wasn't pregnant or I am for sure??? I sip anxiously until another mother reaches the front desk.

"Hi, I didn't have time to schedule an appointment but my son has 103 fever and it won't go down with the Tylenol and i don't know what else to give him he just isn't getting better and" I stare at her wide eyed.
"You should be at the hospital or urgent care. Anything between 100 and 104 is extremely high for a child" I say looking down at her groggy son.

"Oh no what do I do now?" I grab my phone and look up the nearest hospital.
Writing down the address I hand it to her.
"As a mother waiting here for me would not be an option, go to the hospital and don't let them put him in an ice bath, just trust me on that one" I say helping her out the door as she carries her son.

I sit back down and rub my forehead.
"Mothers these days" my colleague beside me says. I nod.
"Yup Anne they wait till it gets worse and no one can help" I continue to work till my lunch break and pull out the menu from the nearest grill and my phone.

"You want anything Anne? Carol?" I ask going around the firm taking orders  and making sure names are placed on each. I then sit to take my own order.

"Okay for Val I'll have buffalo wings not spicy, a burger with fries, a soda anddddd a grilled chicken wrap" I put down the phone and Anne looks my way.
"Someone's hungry" She says watching
As I tap my pencil anxiously.

"Oh yeah half is for taking home I think, I don't know why I ordered so much I'm off my shift now anyways, I'll just wait for the food to come and then got a doctors appointment to head to" I say she turns back to her computer shrugging and I wait hungry for the food.

Once the delivery arrives I grab the package and get ready to split it.
"Burger, fries, and a Diet Coke for Anne
"Spicy chicken salad for Carol, barbecue steak and water for doctor Webster and lastly a burger and fries for Diane." After handing everyone's stuff out I take my own and wish everyone a good rest of their day while making my way out and to my car.

Once I reach my parking spot I see someone drinking water and waiting by my car.
"Charlie??" I question running up to y sister.
"Yes. That is me" She says giving me a hug but then stepping back.
"That food for me?" She asks.

"Well noooo butt we can share" I say laughing and opening the car.
I place all of the food in and we hop into my car together.
"When you said you were coming I didn't know if you were joking or not. How is everyone? Mom?" I question she sighs and buckles her seat belt.

"She's good and so is everyone else. Their happy and of course I came! Your having a babyyyy!!!" She squeals yelling for a good fifteen minutes as I drive us out of the parking lot.

"Shhh okay okay, you said you would act totally normal if I took you with me" I say handing her the food to feed me while I drive.
"Mmm I never promised sooo...I'm so excited to be staying with you!" She says happily. I had invited Charlie to live with us because she got a job close by and hasn't found anywhere to stay.

"Me too! Cam is gonna be so happy. So did you find the key?" I ask. I had left the key so that she could take a cab there and put her luggage's in whichever room she likes and then come meet me by my job.

"Yeah nice hiding spot took me like three years to find it" She says biting into her half of the burger. I hold out my hand when we stop at the red light and she hands me my half.
"Yup I am the boss" I respond biting into the delicious burger.

"Speaking of boss where's the baby daddy!!! And when's the wedding???? Where's your ring?" She asks putting her burger down and examining my hand. Ugh I had also not mentioned to anyone that the engangement was off and here I am being a hypocrite and scolding Nicolo for it.