My Type of Crazy

I sit on the couch watching oh my Kallen as Rose and Cam prepare dinner.
"Nicolo is late darling and dinner is already on the table" his mother exclaims. I have wanted to murder her since he left for her literal perfectness!

But that's just always been her I guess.
"I know I know I'm gonna call him now" I say pressing on his contact and placing the phone up to my ear.

But it goes straight to voicemail and I scowl until my phone buzzes from an unknown number.
"Nicolo!" I yell answering the phone.
"I know I know I'm on my way I'm sorry I just got caught up with this lead and now I've lost my phone!" He says but I can hear the commotion behind him and it sounds like he is in a precinct!

"Did you get arrested again?" I ask trying to keep my cool.
"No! What no! I just got brought in for more questioning" he says practically lying through his teeth.
"Just come home" I say rolling my eyes.
" I am see you soon!"

And just like that I hang up.
"Well this gives us some time to talk about your wedding!" Rose exclaims coming to sit by me and cam follows sitting on her lap.
"If there even is a wedding!" I say knowing how our odds always end up twisting everything and screwing with plans.

"Of course there will be! Don't be so negative! Now cam will be flower girl! The baby of course will be ring bearer and I'm sure Nicolo will choose Diavolo as best man" she says nodding happily and I feign a smile.

"And your sister I presume will be maid of honor?" She asks raising a brow.
"Yes she is already actually, she's been planning this wedding since before she could walk!" I exclaim and the thought dons on me, if either of us had thought we'd end up here our young selves would have panicked!

In fact Nicolo was the total opposite of what I had expected..I mean he definitely covered tall, dark and handsome and he really got the whole knight in shining armor thing, but I never saw myself in this situation.

"You okay honey?" I hear Rose ask and I turn to her with a smile, "just fine" I say as cam messes with my belly.

"Can we name her Mulan?!" Cam exclaims, she lives for Mulan and I love the Disney character too but I don't think I want my kid to be named that.

"And what if it's a boy huh?" I ask giving her a goofy smile.
"Mom please don't have a boy, they are always stinky!" She says giving me a straight face.

"But daddy's a boy!" I say trying to reason with her.
"Yeah mommy and look he's late for dinner!" Oh snap well I can't lie that was a good comeback!

"Okay silly well I don't decide! Now go to the table, daddy will just have to eat later when he comes" I follow the two of them to the table and together the three of us eat dinner.

**********
I shoot up drool running down my cheek as I get up from the couch. I had fallen asleep while waiting for Nicolo.
I look to my phone, it's already eleven and he still isn't home! Where is he? I scowl and my body is exhausted.

I call him and wait as the phone rings and rings until it reaches voicemail. Great! I stand up moving towards the kitchen when the door opens and in he comes. He throws aside his coat and his suit jacket and his clothes are stained with blood.

"What the hell?!" I yell as he groans slowly taking off his shirt.
"Get the first aid!" He yells and I rush to get it. When I come his chest is bare and he has something stuck in his shoulder and scratches all over his abdomen.

"Nicolo" I gasp.
"I know I know! Help me to the bathroom" he says a fowl frown etched across his face. I help him up and to the bathroom where I realized that whatever is stuck in his shoulder has impaled him!
"You need a hospital!" I yell scared and I hate how pale he looks.
"No no hospital! Valentina I need you to remove the wood!" He yells handing me a scissor. I reach for whatever is stuck inside his skin and I try to pull it out.