Chapter 9

This chapter is dedicated to my new friend SoulsSoulmate140 thanks to her I got off my lazy bum and finally updated!

Amaya's POV

" Um, I think art is... I think both of your views are right." They both stared blankly at me. " What do you mean by that? un" Deidara questioned me. "Well it shouldn't matter what others think, like they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

That seem to shut them up at the moment. I then started humming to myself. "So what did you make? un" I turned and faced Deidara. "Have a look",  I replied beckoning him over.

He scooted over and looked over my work. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder? hm" I gave him a cheeky grin. "Bingo dingo." He rolled his eyes and looked at the other one. "So you like music? hm" I nodded my head, "To me music is also art, a form of creation and expression" I noticed Sasori also began listening."That makes sense, I guess. hm"

"Since you seem to enjoy music, I suppose you must also like to sing?" Sasori said after him, I gave him a simple nod in response."Yeah, I'm taking choir." He nodded and got back to work. I started to look around the class room and saw Naruto looking my way.

I gave a slight wave at him, he mouthed 'Are you okay?' "I nodded and mouthed back, 'why?'  He just gave a curt nod and turned around. Well that was weird, maybe it's because I was somewhat kidnapped or maybe it's not just that, but who kidnapped me as well.

I mean when Deidara and Sasori got here everyone seemed anxious. I was definitely curious as to why and decided to ask Deidara. I faced him and tapped him, he didn't turn but said, "What is it? un" I just leaned back into my chair and bluntly asked, "Why is it that people are afraid of you guys?"Both Deidara and Sasori stopped what they where doing and looked intently at me. What? I'm just asking a simple question, they're acting as if I said their art sucks. Jesus.

"You mean you don't know about us?" Sasori asked. "No I absolutely know everything about you, that's why I'm asking", I replied sarcastically, hoping one would crack a smile. Nope. They both looked at me dead serious, jeez tough crowd.

"Where did you come from? hm" I bit back my tongue from telling them that my mom told me I came from a cabbage, or something like that." 'MURICA!" I yelled instead. This time I saw his lip twitch. SUCCESS!

"Hm, that's probably why you don't know about us. un"  Deidara said, smirking at me. "But you look Japanese." Sasori stated. Crap they're on to me, whatever I didn't endure those acting classes for nothing.

"Oh, I studied in America, I just recently came back here to attend high school with my cousin." They bought it. "Soooo, you gonna answer my question?" They glanced at each other before Deidara answered, "You'll find out eventually, but when you do you won't want to hang around us. un"

I just snorted in response, please you don't look that scary don't flatter yourself. Just then the bell rang and everybody scurried out of the classroom. "See you later. un" Deidara says before walking out with Sasori. Now I was really curious. I grabbed my things and walked out.

As I did I saw Naruto, who was waiting for me outside the class, glare at Deidara as he passed by him. Then he turned to me, "Amaya! Are you okay they didn't do anything did they?" I shook my head and started walking besides him.

I asked him if he could tell me about them, and he said he'd tell me when we got home. We met up with with the rest of the group and started chatting until we finally got to the parking lot. "Don't forget to meet us at the karaoke place!" Ino yelled while getting in her fancy ride.

"Don't worry I won't! See ya later!" I then got into Sasuke's car after Naruto."So we meeting up with everyone else?" I asked Naruto. "Yeah, but first we gotta go home and change", he answered. I nodded then realized something,"Say Naruto why don't you drive to school? Why does Sasuke drive you?"

He looked at me then got all depressed. He obviously wasn't going to answer so I looked at Sasuke. "The dope got into an accident and his parents took away his license and keys. I bust out laughing, "S-Seriously?" I saw Sasuke smirk a bit then turned to Naruto. I pat his back and tried to cheer him up."It's okay Naruto I'll convince your parents to let you drive again." He looked at me with hopeful eyes." Really!? How will you do that?"

I smirked at him and leaned back into my seat."I'm just gonna say I don't feel safe with Sasuke driving me cause he almost got us killed and that if you drive me we get to bond and all that shiz." Now Naruto was laughing.

Sasuke glared at me through the rear-view mirror, "There's no need to say that, I've never been in an accident." I just rolled my eyes and replied."It was a joke, duckbutt." Sasuke just huffed and focused on the road. 

A few minutes later, we arrived home and got off, Sasuke said he'd pick us up in an hour, we thanked him for the ride and walked inside. We were greeted by the staff and family. Auntie Kushina asked how school was and I said it was great. Then Naruto asked if we could go out and she got mad at him, saying I was probably tired and wouldn't want to go. I told her it was my idea and that I wanted to get to know my new home. She immediately agreed and I went upstairs to my room. 

I took off my uniform and changed into the outfit I picked out. Which consisted of a pair of shorts, a white shirt and a jacket. I put my hair in a half ponytail and painted my nails black.

I then put on my black leather boots and finger-less gloves, ready to go. I walked out of my room and went to Naruto's, next door to mine. I knocked and heard a 'come in', which I did. He was wearing almost the same as me but with an orange bomber jacket.

"Dude we're almost twinning! That's so cool." He chucked and agreed with me."So Naruto, we have what? Thirty minutes? Can you finally tell me about Deidara and Sasori?" His smile vanished and was replaced with a scowl.

"Yeah about them, you should stay away from them." He said with a serious face. "But why is everyone afraid of them?" I asked, itching to know why. "Because they're part of the Akatsuki!" He yelled. "Akatsuki.. the company? Do you mean the company?"

"That's their cover but really they're a gang, they're bad news and I don't want you near them Amaya." He said firmly, wow I never thought he could be this serious. "Naruto, I can handle myse-" " NO! You don't understand Amaya! They're bad, they've hurt people before!"

I shut up after he said that. "They've hurt Gaara in the past, to the point to where he almost died! I can't let that happen to you not after we just got you back!" I blinked, what's he talking about?

"Just got me back? Naruto, what do you mean just got me back?" He froze and looked at me."N-nothing, just stay away from the Akatsuki." He started walking past me to the door. I gripped his wrist with both my hands and stopped him.

"Naruto please..." I gave him a pleading look. "Amaya... I'm not suppose to tell yo-" "NO! Don't lie to me! I have to know what are you talking about!" I could feel tears prick my eyes, "Please, I just have to know... I don't remember anything from Japan.."

By now I was clinging to his arm and sobbing. He knew me from before, he had to tell me, I had to know more about myself. He wrapped his arms around me and I hugged his waist. We stood like that for a while, the only thing audible being my sobs.

Naruto began rubbing circles on my back to sooth me, until finally I settled down and stopped crying. I let go, but he didn't. "I just... I don't remember anything but bits and pieces"

"Naruto you have no idea how it feels to lose your family and not even remember them. I lived my whole life thinking I was with my family only to realize they weren't even related to me. Not only that but finding out my real parents are dead" I paused. "So when I found out I still had blood relatives I was so happy. But even after that I still couldn't remember my past. So if there's something, anything you know about me.. Just tell me!"

I was finally letting it all out everything I kept bottled up, things I chose to ignore, until I couldn't. "Alright, I'll tell you."  He sat on his bed and I sat besides him wiping away a few stray tears. "Well truth is, I've met you before, when we where younger." I just stay next to him and listened to what he had to say.

betaed by asternaut