Chapter 21

Amaya’s POV

My palms were sweaty, my heart starting to speed up, my mind was racing, how was I going to get out of this one?

“I’m going to remove my hand do not make a sound.” He did as he said and I kept my mouth shut, the guy then turned me so I was facing him.

I was more than a little surprised when I saw that it was none other than the older Uchiha brother. “What are you doing here?”

“I came to check up on you, it was obvious that you would come to see my younger brother.” What am I a little girl that needs supervision?

“Hm and why would I need to be checked up on?” “Word gets by fast, the Akatsuki is aware of what happened at your home.”

I burrowed my eyebrows, so it wasn’t them? Then I guess Auntie Kushina’s theory about it being them was inaccurate.

“So it wasn’t you guys sending me a hit man to test my abilities or anything?” he shifted his gaze away before looking back at me.

“No, we would have done that after about a week of you being with us, and it would have been one of the Akatsuki members to test your abilities, but it wasn’t us this time, but the reason I came here is not to tell you this.”

“Leader sent me to bring you back the Akatsuki, you will be staying with us until we figure out who is after you and why no exceptions.”

I clenched my jaw, who the fuck is after me and why, those are both good questions and its quite surprising even the Akatsuki don’t know why.

“Alright I’ll go with you, but first let me explain to my family what’s going on and get my stuff from home, deal?”

“You have an hour, I’ll be coming for you then you better be prepared.” With that he finally let go of my waist and pushed me to the door.

“Do not let Sasuke know that I’m here.” With a nod of the head I stepped out of the bathroom and my face bumped into someone’s chest.

What the deal with me being pulled to a man’s body today?

It was obviously Sasuke. “Was there anybody there, you were there for quite some time.” I put my hand on his shoulders and distanced my face from his chest.

“No I looked through the whole bathroom they probably left before I could do anything.” He gave me a suspicious look which I chose to ignore.

“Besides what I was doing in there doesn’t matter it’s over, so you should be getting back to bed.”  I said then proceeded to drag him to his bed and push him on it.

“It’s because of me that you got shot, so if got hurt again because of me I wouldn’t be able to live with the guilt.”

I just finished putting the blanket over him when I finished talking, he turned his head so that he was facing me and replied.

“It was my choice to take the bullet so you shouldn’t worry yourself about being guilty.” I gave him an annoyed look and crossed my arms over my chest.

“And that’s another thing I wanted to talk about, how did you know that there was a bullet aimed for my head?”

“You’re not the only one experienced with weaponry.” I just huffed, and looked away. “Whatever, that’s all I had to ask so I’ll be taking my leave.”

“Wait.” Sasuke said as he reached out and grasped my wrist with his hand, I looked back giving a curios look “What is it?” 

“Were friends, and because of that not only me but everyone else as well would gladly risk our life for you, because we know you would as well.”