Sam nodded, "Which would explain the 37 year cycle."

"Aren't you a sharp tack?" Bela grinned, "There's a photo of him somewhere..." She flipped through the file, "Here."

Dean's eyes widened with recognition, "Isn't that the customer we saw last night?"

Asa looked at them, "You saw him?"

"Yeah." Angel nodded, "Except he was missing a hand."

"His right hand?"

"Yeah..."

"The sailor's body was cremated, but not before they cut off his hand to make a hand of glory."

"A hand of glory?" Dean repeated with a smirk, "I think I got one of those at the end of my Thai massage last week."

As he laughed, Angel shook her head, "You're so gross."

"Dean." Sam shook his head as well, "The right hand of a hanged man is a serious occult object. It's very powerful."

Bela nodded, "So they say."

"And..." Angel added, "It officially counts as remains."

Sam shrugged, "But still, none of this explains why the ghost is choosing these victims."

"I'll tell you why." Bela leaned on the table, "Who cares? Find the hand, burn it, and stop the bloody thing."

"I dont get it..." Dean shook his head at her suspiciously, "Why are you telling us all of this? And why are you with Asa?"

"I needed someone with a little more hunter history to help me ID the boat and get you three to help. Asa was in town and willing to help out his girlfriend." She shrugged, "Oh and because I know exactly where the hand is."

"You do?" Angel rose a brow, "Where?"

"At the Sea Pines Museum. It's a macabre bit of maritime history, but I need help."

"What kind of help?"

Bela grinned, looking at the three of them individually.

Later on...

In an upstairs room of the house Angel dressed in a silk burgundy dress with a slit up the leg that Bela provided her with. Sighing she surveyed herself in the mirror and squelched the feeling that she looked ridiculous. When she tried to put the diamond necklace Bela also provided her on she couldn't get it to buckle so she traveled to the only other person left in the house, her date. The one that hadn't spoken a word to her since he's been here if it wasn't about the case.

Quietly she walked into the room he was in and knocked on the open door, "Do you mind, uh, helping me out?"

Asa looked over to her from fixing his tie before walking over to her and taking the necklace. All the while keeping silent and all the while looking more pissed than she's ever seen him.

"What's going on?" Angel turned after the necklace was in place and earned an odd look, "Obviously something is on your mind. It's written all over your face so... what's up?"

"How could you do it?" After a stretched moment of silence, Asa's angry voice broke it, "How could you sell your soul to a demon, Ang?"

Her face paled, "How'd you find out about that?"

"How'd i-?" He scoffed, "Angel, demons talk. Especially when they're trying to buy time."

"So... a demon told you i sold my soul and you believed it?"