Ch 2 Section 5

At Jax's house...

As Sam and Dean took Ben home, Angel called Jax and had him pick up Dana so she could meet them at the house with Katie. Once there, Katie ran out and catapulted herself into Danas arms.

"Katie?! Katie!" Dana cried in relief, instantly knowing this was her real daughter, "Baby, are you okay?"

"I'm okay, Mommy." Katie smiled at Angel, "She saved us."

"Oh, my god." She sobbed to her daughter before looking at Angel gratefully, "Thank you. Thank you so much."

"Don't mention it." Angel smiled as she crossed her arms, "It's what we do."

Dana smiled at her once more before giving a knowing eye to her brother and heading inside.

"So..." Jax turned to Angel in confusion, "What the hell just happened? Dana said something about alien pod children."

"Not exactly." She chuckled, "You really wanna know?"

"Hunter things?"

"Yeah..."

He grinned, "I'm all ears."

Later on...

"Changelings?" Jax repeated as he handed her a cup of coffee and came to sit next to her on the sofa with a sigh, "Katie gonna be okay?"

"Yeah, I think she'll be fine. Seems like a strong kid. Kinda have to be after going through everything she's been through."

He studied her face, "Then why do you look so upset?"

"Look, the reason why i came here..." She frowned sadly, "I don't know, it's weird, you know... When we dated, all I ever wanted was to have a normal life with you."

"We did talk about it all the time." He grinned, "White picket fence, two kids and a lab, if i remember correctly."

"Yeah." She chuckled and then motioned to his house, "And I mean, you've obviously begun that life. You're just looking for the right person to share it with. I used to think that was me, but..." Her eyes broke from his as tears threatened to spill over, "It wasn't. Those aren't in the cards, at least not anymore."

"Angel, you're freaking me out over here." He brought her chin up so she would look at him, "Is something going on? You sound like you're tryna tell me your dying or something."

"Some... stuff happened to me recently, bad stuff, and, I guess..." Angel cleared her throat of the emotion that threatened to spill over, "I don't know, its making me think. you know. I'm gonna be gone one day, and what am I leaving behind? A Hunter's legacy?"

Jaxs eyes softened, "Your brothers, your family and friends, and a lot of saved people. Including my niece. That's a lot if you ask me."

"I guess it is..."

Angel smiled up brilliantly at him as she chuckled. Jax leaned down slowly and caught her lips with his, embracing in a kiss he'd wanted to the moment he'd set eyes on her again.

When they seperated she looked up at with wide eyes, "What was that for?"

He shrugged, grinning, "I've been wanting to do that since you walked in here. Look, if, uh... if you want to stick around for a while, you're welcome to stay. I'd love for you too and I know Dana and Katie would too." He took her hand and kissed it gently, "I know you dont think this life can be yours, Angie, but it can be. I mean, you're like the one that got away for me. I'd be crazy to let you slip through my fingers again."

"I can't, Jax." Her heart broke at her own words, wanting nothing more than to stay with him here and pretend like she didn't have hellfire pressing down on her, "I've got a lot of work to do, and I can't just turn my back on my responsibilities."

Angel leaned in and captured his lips once more before she stood and walked out.

Later on: with Sam...

"They're dead. All of them. All of my mom's friends." Sam growled at the blonde from the diner who was now standing in front of him, "Her doctor, her uncle- everyone who ever knew her, systematically wiped off the map one at a time." He laughed tightly, "Someone went through a hell of a lot of trouble trying to cover their tracks."

"Yep. The Yellow-Eyed Demon."

"So, what's your deal? You show up wherever I am. You know all about me. You know all about my mom."

"I already told you." She crossed her arms, "I'm-"

"Oh, right, yeah. Just a hunter. Just some hunter who happens to know more about my own family than I do." He paused, "Just tell me who you are."

"Sam, it-"

"Tell me who you are."

She laughed, "It doesn't matter."

Sam got right in her face and shouted, "Just tell me who you are!"

"Fine." She blinked and her went demon-black before becoming normal again, Sam backed up to fumble in his bag, "Think twice before going for that holy water."

Sam pulled out a flask and held it out, "Just give me one reason I should."

"I'm here to help you, Sam."

"Is this some kind of joke?"

"God's honest truth... or whatever."

"You're a demon."

"Don't be such a racist. I'm here because I want to help you, and I can if... you trust me."

Fire blazed in his eyes, "Trust you?"

"Sam, calm down."

"Start talking. All those murders... what was the demon trying to cover up?"

"I don't know."

"What happened to my mother?"

"I honestly don't know. That's what I'm trying to find out. All I know is that it's about you."

"What?"

"Don't you get it, Sam?" She laughed, "It's all about you. What happened to your mom, what happened to her friends. They're trying to cover up what he did to you, and I want to help you figure it out."

"Why would you want to help me?"

"I have my reasons. Not all demons are the same, Sam. Not all of us want the same thing. Me?" She shrugged, "I want to help you from time to time. That's all, and if you let me, there's something in it for you."

"What could you possibly-"

"I could help you save your sister."