Ch 7 Section 2

The Caldwell home...

After another attack happened, the Winchesters found themselves at another Christmas decorated home as they talked to another grieving wife.

"So, that's how your son described the attack?" Dean asked as they followed her through the house into the living room, "'Santa took daddy up the chimney'?"

The woman nodded, "That's what he says, yes."

"Where were you when the attack happened?" Angel studied her, "Did you see or hear anything?"

"No. I- I was asleep and all of a sudden..." She sniffled, "I was being dragged out of bed, screaming."

"Did you get a glimpse of the attacker?"

She shook her head, "It was dark, and he hit me." She motioned to her black eye, "He knocked me out."

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Caldwell." Angel put a comforting hand on her shoulder, "I know this is hard. Just a few more questions, okay?"

"Yeah, um..." She nodded meekly again as Sam shuffled forward, "Mrs. Caldwell, where, where did you get that wreath above the fireplace?"

Angel frowned at that question as did Dean. They both looked around at the wreath in question before turned their frowns to him in puzzlement. Mrs. Caldwell also looked puzzled as she shared a look with Angel before turning it to Sam.

"Excuse me?"

"Um..." Dean and Angel both watch him, waiting for an answer as well as he shrugged and offered an embarrassed smile, "Just curious, you know."

As they walked out of the house after getting her answer Angel shook her head.

"Y'know, here's a little tip, Sammy." Her eyes pierced his, "Maybe refrain from asking the grieving widow about where she got her decor. Seems a tad inappropriate."

"Sure you didn't want to ask her about her shoes too?" Dean added, "I saw some nice handbags in the foyer."

"Guys." Sam rolled his eyes at them, "We've seen that wreath before."

"Where?"

"The Walshes'. Yesterday."

"Huh." Angel smirked, "Well aren't you perceptive."

"I knew that." Sam scoffed at Dean as he walked to the driver's side door with his head high, "I was just testing you."

Back in the motel room...

"Yeah, alright. Well, keep looking, would you? Thanks, Bobby." Sam hung up the phone before turning his attention back to his laptop as he spoke, "Well... we're not dealing with the anti-Claus."

"Gasp. You mean we don't get to slay Santa's sadistic brother? Shocker." Angel smirked from across the table, "What'd Bobby say?"

"Uh, that we're morons."

She snickered, "Can't disagree with that."

"He also said that it was probably meadowsweet in those wreaths."

"Wow! Amazing." Dean's eyes widened, "What the hell is meadowsweet?"

"It's pretty rare and it's probably the most powerful plant in pagan lore." Sam explained, "They used meadowsweet for human sacrifice. It was kind of like a... Chum for their gods. Gods were drawn to it and they'd stop by and snack on whatever was the nearest human."