Part Six

The sound of Gabbie's alarm causes the couple to wake up from their sleep. Although, Andrew refuses to open his eyes due to the harsh sunlight coming through the gap in the curtain. Gabbie turns over to switch the alarm off, but relaxing back into her sheets as she doesn't have to get up straight away.

"Morning." She whispers as she cuddles up next to her boyfriend. He automatically wraps an arm around her and tries to drift off back to sleep.

"We have to get up soon because we don't wanna miss our flight." She says.

Andrew shifts to find a more comfortable position, but Gabbie pulls him closer again. "You're so cute." She tells him, then gives him a quick peck on the lips before getting out of bed.

He had totally forgot that he'd promised to go to a YouTube convention with her today. He really wanted to visit Garrett, so he could apologize for last night, but I guess he can't do that now.

He pulls the covers back and shivers because her apartment is always way too cold in the mornings. On his way to the bathroom he notices his phone lying on the ground next to his bag and he is certain he didn't leave it there before going to bed. He picks it up and sighs when he looks down at the notification telling him it has low battery due to it not being charged overnight.

"You alright?" Gabbie asks as she enters the room.

"I'm fine. It's just my phone was left on the floor all night."

A few seconds of silence follow. "Oh, I put it there because I thought you would want it next to your other belongings. Sorry about that."

Andrew doesn't believe that's the whole story, but he decides not to question it.

--//--

After spending the whole night getting drunk and playing silly games with Shane, Ryland and Drew, Garrett is now passed out on Shane's couch. They all ended up falling asleep around 7am, besides Ryland who insisted on going to bed at 5am because he considered that a "reasonable time".

Ryland comes strolling in with a Starbucks coffee in his hand because he always needs his caffinee as soon as he wakes up. Then he opens the curtains and the California sun shines through the windows, filling the whole living room with light.

"Rise and shine!" He shouts with a huge smile on his face.

Shane groans as he proceeds to covers his face with a nearby cushion and Garrett pulls a blanket over his eyes.

"I love the burning sensation caused by the golden orb in our sky. It really gets me going." Drew announces as he sits up from his position on the floor next to Shane.

"You're so weird." Shane laughs making the cushion fall off his face.

"Oh, we have to film a video today!" Garrett remembers and sits up on the couch, but keeps the blanket wrapped tightly around his body.

"Before we do anything, I need to go to the toilet before I die." Drew tells them before running out the room.

Ryland goes to feed the animals because Cheeto keeps rubbing his face against Ryland's legs and Uno begins running around in circles, so it leaves Garrett and Shane by themselves.

"I don't even remember what we are meant to be filming today...is it more spooky videos?" Shane asks.

"Yeah. You said you wanted to try some scary games." Garrett reminds him.

"But do you think people even like my videos? I feel like my channel isn't growing anymore. All I do is make galaxy slime, conspiracies and try food in front of a camera. I feel like everyone is getting bored and it's exhausting trying to do it all by myself."

"You are never by yourself, Shane."

Shane sighs. "That's not what I mean. I need someone who can edit my videos."

"Oh I am definitely not doing that." Garrett jokes and Shane throws a cushion at him.

"I know because you take months to edit your own videos." Shane teases. "Right, we gotta go to target because mama needs some supplies."