Part Three

"Sure." Garrett tells him and then Andrew practically pushes him towards the door. "But don't you want to wait for Gabbie?"

"No, I...uh...I just feel really sick, so I need some medicine now."

Once Andrew successfully pushes him out of the apartment and into the hallway, he instantly shuts the front door behind them. Andrew then bends over, rests his hands on his knees and lets out a deep breath.

"Oh my god, are you okay?" Garrett asks extremely worried, but then Andrew stands straight once again and flashes the other man a weak smile. "Yeah. I'm fine." Andrew is just glad to be away from the loud party, the large amount of people and his overly clingy girlfriend. It's nice to spend even a short time away from all that.

"Okay, right, let's get you inside then." Garrett says as the two of them walk towards the other apartment, which is conveniently only about five feet away. Garrett fishes for his keys in one of his many coat pockets, then takes them out, unlocks the door and shoves them back into the same place as they were before. It's much cooler inside Garrett's place compared to where they just came from, which they are both extremely thankful for because a crowed room full of people can get pretty hot.

Garrett wanders over to the kitchen and opens a cupboard above the microwave, then takes out a small box containing some tablets. "Catch." He shouts from across the room as Andrew manages to grab it as it goes flying through the air. "Only take one though because they are strong."

"I don't actually need them." Andrew admits as he places the box on a nearby table. "I'm not ill."

"So, why do you feel sick if you're not ill then?" Garrett questions him and walks over to his friend. "Andrew, you make no sense just take the medicine." Garrett starts to open the box, but then Andrew stops him straight away. "Garrett, I don't feel sick now."

Andrew might be a good liar, but Garrett can tell when Andrew's upset and he is definitely upset right now. "What's wrong?" Garrett whispers softly and closes the space between him and Andrew until he can almost hear Andrew's racing heartbeat. "Nothing." Andrew says rather unconvincingly because his voice cracks and a small tear starts to fall from his left eye, but he quickly wipes it away.

Andrew turns around and distances himself. "So...uh...do you have any food?" Andrew changes the subject instantly, but Garrett isn't sure of how to respond. He wants to help Andrew in any way he can because obviously there is something bothering him, but if he doesn't want to talk about it yet, then Garrett will respect his wishes. Garrett doesn't think he can forget the painful image of Andrew crying, but he really doesn't want to see it happen again, so he decides to try and lighten the mood. "I have pizza rolls in the freezer because I know how much you like them."

"Awesome. Thanks, man." Andrew then goes to sit on the couch, which is placed next to a large window with an extremely beautiful view of the city.

After a few minutes, Garrett goes to join him on the sofa. "They won't take too long to cook." Garrett assures him. "I also put the whole bag in, so I hope you're hungry."

"I'm always hungry for pizza rolls, you know that." Andrew chuckles as he begins to relax.

"Oh my god, I haven't even offered you a drink, would you like anything?" Garrett asks as he now feels bad for not being hospitable.

"No, don't worry." Andrew replies and places his hand on Garrett's arm. "I'm not in the mood for a drink."

Garrett looks down at Andrew's hand and smiles, which makes Andrew pull away immediately. "Um... so were you enjoying the party?" Andrew questions and moves away from his friend, so now there is a considerable gap between them.

"Not really, but I had to go because it was for Matt's birthday." Garrett admits. "What about you?"

Andrew regrets bringing up this topic of conversation because now he has to come up with an answer that doesn't sound like an obvious lie. "It was alright."

"What do you mean?" Garrett lets out a laugh. "You were in the bathroom the whole time."

Before Andrew can get a chance to respond, there is a loud knock on the door. 

"Don't answer it!" Andrew shouts at Garrett. "I mean...it could be a murderer."

Garrett smiles at his friend, but ignores his request and heads towards the front door as the knocking continues and gradually becomes more aggressive. "Okay, I'm coming." Garrett yells in hope that the stranger will calm down. He unlocks the door, swings it open and sees Gabbie waiting outside impatiently.

"Is Andrew there?"