Chapter 29

OH MY GOD

ITS BEEN LIKE 5 MONTHS

I AM SO SO SO SORRY :c

Idk, I got distracted by my other stories. I was just thinking about how much I missed this one, so I started writing (: This chapter is really important, so I hope you like it!♥

Lily xoxox

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a while I was bored of staring at the ceiling, as I imagine anyone would be. I decided to explore the house, see how vampires lived and all that.

Pssh, not really, I'm just a nosy bitch.

After pausing just outside of the door to listen, I crept down the hall as quietly as I could past the kitchen where Sarah was idly staring out of the window. If she heard me, she didn't say or do anything. I continued down the hall, opening various doors and peering into the rooms. There was the trashed room that I had been locked in yesterday, two unfurnished rooms, an old bathroom, and a door at the very end of the hall that was mytseriously locked. I assumed it was Ryan's room, and made no attempt to enter. After all, I wanted to keep my head, I had become very attached to it. Aha, see what I did there?

I'm so lame.

I walked back up the hall, and stood at the bottom of the stairs. Dare I go up? I shrugged to myself and began to climb the stairs.

I mean, hey, what's the worst that could happen?

Don't answer that.

I apprehensively began to walk across the landing. The first room I came to was freakishly tidy with a pink and white bedspread. Clearly Sarah's room. I couldn't help but wrinkle my nose at the sheer girliness of it all. The room next to that one had a sign on the door that read, 'Go the fuck away. This means you, Zayden.' with a poster of Black Veil Brides underneath it. Skylar's, I was guessing. When I tried the handle, it was locked. I moved on quickly.

The door at the end of the hall was ajar slightly. Zayden's room. I gulped before entering boldly.

I was surprisef at how normal it was. I was half-expecting black walls and a coffin. But instead, the walls were a light grey colour, lined with black shelving. An arty looking black and white photograph of autumn leaves hung on the wall above a desk. A TV was on top of a dresser, next to some iPod speakers. A wooden closet stood in one corner, and opposite that was his bed, unmade. The quilt was a taupe colour, the sheets rumpled. I wondered what he looked like when he was sleeping...

Quickly moving on from that thought, I inspected the CDs on one shelf. He had pretty good taste in music, with stuff like Death Cab For Cutie and Radiohead all the way to heavier stuff like Slipknot and Cradle Of Filth. There were a few CDs by Deadmau5, Skrillex and Sonic Boom Six that I wrinkled my nose at. I didn't really like electronic/dubstep. On the next shelf, there were DVDs. Most of them were foreign, but I saw a few I recognized, like Saw and Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I even saw a copy of Wayne's World, which I could tease him about later.

The rest of the shelves were dedicated to books. He had so many that they didn't all fit on the shelving, so there were stacks of books balanced on every available surface. I picked up one that looked interesting, and I had seen the movie for it, so I began reading, figuring that it was a pretty good way to kill some time. I sat down on his bed as there wasn't a chair in the room. It wasn't like he'd know, anyway. I'd be gone by the time he got home.

I yawned as I flicked the page over. I was pretty tired, considering the past few day's events, and I had yet to catch up on my sleep. I glanced at his pillow. If I just slept for a few minutes...he'd never know. Besides, I didn't have a room of my own here. I blinked, eyelids suddenly heavy. Making up my mind, I put the book back and then lay on his bed. I closed my eyes. He wouldn't even know I had been there...