Chapter 5

Hi guys!!! I hope you like my story so far. I'm having a bit of writer's block at the moment, so bear with me! And If you have any ideas about what should happen next in the story, feel free to comment! If I use your idea, The I'll dedicate a chapter to you. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had just sat down when a hoard of girls came rushing over to me.

"Hey, Adira! I heard that you broke Isabella James' nose!"

Did I? Oh, Good.

I glanced over at Zayden, who I could see smirking as though he could hear every word, but still not looking at me.

"Oh my God, Adira, is it true that she beat you up?"

"Apparently it was over some guy called Se --"

Thank God for Matt, who was pushing his way through all of them to get to his seat beside me. "Move along, ladies, move along, nothing to see here. Give poor Addie a rest now, will ya?" He told them, shooing them away with a wave of his hand.

As they all scattered, giggling, Matt sat down beside me.

"You okay?" He asked gently.

No! I had a black eye, a cut lip and every inch of me was aching and covered in bruises.

I put my head in my hands. "Yeah, fine. Just wishing they'd all leave me alone."

He nodded sympathetically.

The teacher, who's name was Mrs. Watts, cleared her throat as she stood at the front of the class. Slowly the chatter died down.

"Thank you. As you are all aware, this semester we will be studying....." Her voice droned on in the same monotone, as I tuned out. I took the opportunity to look at Zayden again. Yeah, sue me for ogling him, but he was completely hot. There was something strange about him ...I didn't know what it was, but I didn't trust him either way. At that moment, He glanced up and his eyes locked with mine, but this time he didn't look away. My heartbeat accelerated and there were butterflies in my stomach. I wanted to look away because I had started to feel uncomfortable, but something in his gaze wouldn't let me.

Matt snapped his fingers next to my eye, making me jump. "Hellooo? Adira? Anyone home? I was starting to think you'd gone into a trance or something!"

"Sorry." I smiled sheepishly.

He laughed.

I looked back over at Zayden again, but his back was to me now, his chin resting on his hand.

The bell rang, and as everyone got up, I asked Matt "So, where's Chiara today?"

He smiled. "Hangover."

"Of course."

I was stood next to my locker, getting my books, when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see Faye standing behind me, looking up at me. She was so short, she couldn't have been more that 5 feet tall. She had a grin on her face that I didn't trust.

"So, Adira. What was up with you and Zayden in English?"

I pretended to be confused. "Uh, Sorry?"

She nudged me with her elbow and giggled. "He was totally staring at you. Don't deny it, you were staring at him too. He laaiiikkess yoou." She sang.

"He does not!" I protested, my face flushing.

She rolled her eyes at me. "Come on, Addie, It's so obvious. You're the best looking girl in this class, even with bruises all over your face." She sighed. "You are sooo lucky. Zayden Greene."

I grimaced. "You can't prove it."

"Bet you I can."

"How?"

She smiled and tapped the side of her nose secretively. "Not telling. But I can promise you, you'll be together by the end of the year."

I rolled my eyes. Yeah, right.

"I know it won't work."

"Fifty bucks." She held her hand out.

"It's on." I shook her hand.

As she turned on her heel and walked away in the opposite direction, I smiled as I closed my locker door. In a few month's time, I'd be $50 richer.