Part 3

"You're KIDDING," Erin said as she moved over to you and looked.

Her jaw dropped, "Is it his??"

"Now how am i supposed to know that??" you asked.

She raised an eyebrow at you, "Well has anyone else touched this journal?"

"No."

"Then it's HIS. It's got to be. HE GAVE YOU HIS NUMBER (Y/N) I LITERALLY CANT HE MUST LIKE YOU DUDE THATS SO AWESOME AWWWW CAN I BE INVITED TO THE WEDDING??" Erin squealed.

You rolled your eyes and slapped her lightly, "There's no way that this is his real number. It's probably some prank."

"Text it."

"What?!"

"TEXT THE NUMBER OR I WILL," Erin said, reaching for your journal which you abruptly jerked away from her.

"Text. Him," Erin pleaded.

"Fine. But he's not going to respond," you said with an eye roll as you took out your phone.

You began typing in the number very carefully, making sure to get each exactly.

Your heart was racing and soon you were done tying it and wondering what to text.

"What am i supposed to say??" you asked as you looked over at Erin.

"Just say hey," Erin replied.

"That's it? He won't even know who I am," you replied.

"Just be like hey seb it's the poetry girl," Erin insisted.

"But he's not going to reply," you argued.

"You don't know that. JUST DO IT. and then we can go to bed because i'm exhausted," Erin said.

"Fine," you finally agreed, typing in the letters slowly.

"SEND IT!" You pressed send and your heart did a flip.

"Okay cool I did it now let's go to bed," you said, standing up and getting off the couch and making your way upstairs.

Erin followed you, "You got to tell me immediately when he texts back."

"If."

"When."

You rolled your eyes, "Hes not going to text back."

"Then why'd he give you his number?"

"It's probably not even him actually," you said as you got to your room, "Goodnight."

"Goodnight," she replied, going into hers and closing the door.

You got ready for bed and changed and soon you were pulling yourself underneath the covers. You set your phone on your nightstand only to here a buzz shortly after. You checked your phone.

"hehe i bet i gave you a heart attack and you thought it was seb" -Erin.

You rolled your eyes and ignored the text, setting your phone back onto your nightstand. You closed your eyes and slowly fell asleep...

•••

The next morning you woke up and checked your phone.

No texts.

Why were you so keen on this?

You needed to just ignore it. You got out of bed and got ready before going downstairs to eat breakfast. Erin was awake, watching tv on the couch and eating a bowl of cereal.

"Did you get a text from seb last night?" she asked.

You shook your head, "If i had you would've woken up to screaming and i would've come pounding into your room."

"Oh so you admit that you think it actually is seb then," she replied.

Oh. Right.

"Oh umm..I don't know. Maybe it is maybe it isn't," you said.

"It definitely is. Nobody else touched that journal. He touched that journal with those gorgeous hands of his," Erin pointed out.

True. You didn't reply and just went to pour yourself some cereal before sitting down on the couch next to her.

"So are we doing anything today?" you asked.

"Nah we had our fun yesterday I'd be good with just chilling all day," Erin replied.

"Me too."

•••

The day passed by slowly.

No response.

And then you were getting ready for bed. You got into your bed and checked your phone one last time.

No response.

You went to sleep and woke up Monday to your alarm for work.

No response.

You ate breakfast and left for work.

No response.

You had actually given up home as you arrived home Monday night. It was Erin's turn to cook so you went upstairs as you waited for her to get home. You heard her come in and begin to make dinner. You joined her to help her out after a little bit and soon you were sitting down to eat. You were just talking about your day when all of a sudden your phone buzzed from your back pocket. You pulled it out to see a text- that same number that wasn't added in your contacts- "Seb."

Your eyes widened and your jaw dropped as you opened the text, which said:

Hey! Sorry about the late response I've been a little busy. I'm actually surprised that you found my number. I was also kind of scared my number would get leaked, but you seemed trustworthy. Wow. That's a major assumption for someone i don't even know. Well I'd like to know you. Sorry I'm rambling...anyway, what's up?

817 words