Chapter Sixteen

[Clove's POV]

"Cato, please massage my hand for me,"

"Cato, let me do that for you,"

"Oh, Cato, you're so strong. I wish all boys were like you,"

Glimmer's voice was starting to get on my nerves. And Cato smirking at me didn't help at all.

We were just slacking off, replenishing our food supplies. We didn't actually replenish it by ourselves. Little parachutes came down: one for Marvel, Fish and Me, two for Glimmer, three for Cato and surprise, surprise, none for the Lover Boy

We didn't need to hunt. The sponsors gave us our needs. Another one came down, and Glimmer grabbed it just before it hit the ground.

"Hey, Clove, it's for you," she said, a frown on her face when she saw it wasn't for her. She tossed it to me, and I caught it quickly.

Inside was a small knife. But it was wickedly sharp, and inside was a paper with Enobaria's name on it. I smiled as I tucked it inside my jacket. I'll kill Katniss Everdeen with this one.

"Oh, that is so funny Cato!" Glimmer laughs at something Cato said. He gives me a confused look and I can't help but smile.

I give him a look that said "You flirted back, now pay the consequences,"

"Hey Marvel," I said, sliding up next to him as Cato gives me a disgusted look.

"Hey, what'd you get?" he asked as he opened his own parachute to find the trademark bread of District One.

"Well, bread from my District and a knife," I say, showing him my goods. Material goods.

"A knife, huh?" he says, "May I see?"

I gladly give it to him as I see Cato trying to get away from Glimmer in vain. I actually laughed while handing Marvel my knife that I accidentally wounded him.

"Oh my, I'm so sorry," I try to look at the wound, but he just keep his hand away.

"Nah, it's all right," he smiles, but I don't believe it. I keep on trying to reach for his hand when he stands. I try to stand but I end up tripping. He catches me just in time. 

"Got you," he smiled at me and I smiled back, never showing any signs of weakness.

"You sure did,"

"YOU SURE DID?" Cato flung a branch at me as I laughed my head off. It was getting dark and we needed to find branches for the fire. Unfortunately, the branches were thrown at me, "Clove, I swear if only that guy wasn't helpful I'd strangle him to death right now!"

"And if only you didn't seem to like Glimmer back, she'd be dead by now too," I say, pausing as I picked up all the branches he threw. Funny. 

I'm no expert at love stories, but shouldn't it be the girl throwing the branches? "I feel jealous too, Cato. The way she looks at you, the way you hug her, it's too much,"

He stopped in his tracks and turned around to look at me. "I'm sorry, I thought I was just joking, I'm sorry,"

"It's all right," I say as I feel myself press against his body in a warm embrace, "I know you don't mean it. I know you love me more, but... I just can't help it,"

We got back to our camp with the dried up branches. "Make some fire, Lover Boy," Cato throws him the branches and he quickly does it.

"Won't this... won't this attract the enemies?" Fish asks hesitantly, and I believe she's stupid.

"Even if this attracts enemies, Fish, we could take them down," Marvel snorts, "Use your brain if you have any next time, OK?"

After a few more jokes and bread, we finally decide to sleep with Cato on guard.