The truth (un)told - pt 1.

Dutch walked towards Arthur. He didnt see him getting closer, as he was cutting the wood.

Dutch: Arthur!

Arthur: *surprised, letting the axt fall and turning to him fast* Dutch!!

Dutch: Shall we take this day off and go fishing like in the oldern days? You know how much fun we had.

Arthur: Just we!? *gets red* uh.. sure.. i.. dont have anything.. to do.

Dutch: Great! So finish this and meet me at the hitching posts.

Arthur: Yes, Dutch...

Arthur finished his work. He took a little longer since we was shaking and couldnt hit the wood that hard anymore. He wasn't expecting going alone with him.

He went to where he was told to go, mounting his horse as well as Dutch.

Dutch tried to make him more comfortable, acting normal.

Dutch: There you are! Come on son. Let's ride.

Arthur: *says nothing*

*they ride to a large lake near rhodes*

Dutch: There we are! Hosea told me that this would be a perfect fishing spot. And look what we've got here. A boat!

Arthur: Don't you think the owner would notice that we take it?

Dutch: We're only 'borrowing' it. Since when would you bother?

Arthur: *says nothing again, he doesn't want to say anything wrong to him*

Dutch: *noticing his silence and trying to break it* you want to help me get it in? Or does the old Dutch van der Linde have to do it alone?

Arthur: I'll help you of course! ...

*they push the boat into the lake, Arthur getting on first, helping Dutch in as well*

Dutch: Oh thank you~

Arthur: *gets red again and sits down* I'll row.

Dutch: get in the middle. We'll try it there.

Arthur: Yes...

*they arrive in the middle of the lake, putting out their rods and bait*

Dutch: So.. ready to catch a fish?

Arthur: mhm... *throwing it into the water waiting and trying to stay calm*

They fished for a little while. Dutch again waiting for the right moment to start the conversation.

As he thought that Arthur calmed down again, he attempted to talk.

Dutch: Arthur?

Arthur: Yes Dutch?

Dutch: I gotta ask you something.

Arthur: go.. on then..

Dutch: The whole gang told me that you was acting strange. And i can't deny the fact that i think so too. You know you can be honest with me. Tell me what's bothering you.

Arthur: I... cant.. tell you.

Dutch: Why not? You know that thats no solution. I knew you for a very long time now. I know you better than myself Arthur! You know i wouldn't blame you for it if it would be something 'bad'.

Dutch knew how to talk to people. How to touch their hearts. He always had the right words.

Arthur was struggling with himself.
He knew it would be easier to just tell him but he was afraid of what it could change.
The consequences that would follow.