The group soon reached the open doors that led to the castle. They stopped again, and Eli listened as the queen began speaking.

"Servants will escort you to your rooms. Feel free to bathe, eat, and enjoy yourselves. Ask the servants for anything you might need. For your safety, refrain from leaving beyond the gates today. At eight pm, guards will take you down into the main hall for a welcoming ball in your honour."

Her voice left the nobles dazed, so that even the most jealous of ladies were entranced by her voice. The queen seemed very well aware of the effect she had on them, judging by the pleasant smile on her lips. She seemed like a good person. Eli followed the others inside without paying much attention to what anyone was saying, lost in her own thoughts and dreams. She wished that Tanya was there with her. She always was rather fond of elves.

The inside of the palace was as humble as the outside yet held a certain glory that wasn't present in the Revera's capital. It seemed in tune with nature, with paintings covering the stone walls and old carpets covering every inch of the ground. They climbed up a circular staircase made of what looked like black marble. A long hallway stretched out in front of them once they arrived, with giant glass windows making up a lot of the left side while the right was lines with doors.

The view was magnificent – Eli could see birds flying amongst the trees and the children, reminding her of dragons. Of her own, waiting for her at the school. She couldn't wait to see him again – the last time she had touched the egg, she felt his presence in her mind. I rider bonds only once, and Eli would do anything to protect her dragon. They were sworn to each other, the rider and the dragon, two parts of a whole. Eli felt incomplete without him, like a part of her missing. But soon, the emptiness would be filled, and she could be whole again, and unlock her true potential. She already had great love for the unborn dragon.

The noble couples and families got their own rooms, which Eli could only imagine the luxuries of. She really ached for a bathe. She stank like a dead skunk.

Once the last nobles and the king were settled, the elven king and queen pleasantly nodded to Eli and the guards and left with a couple of guards, leaving them in the company of a servant, a guard, and Rileigh. Eli followed them in silence as they were led to a room a little way off. The servant opened it and revealed a room with twelve beds thrown inside on seemingly random locations. The room also had two small windows, and nothing else. Eli already knew she wouldn't be spending a lot of time there. And she saw no trace of a bathroom.

"This is your room. A shared bathroom is right here," the servant said, pointing to a door right next to theirs. "I will come to escort you to the ball at eight. The dress code is formal wear, and you cannot attend it wearing anything but," the servant spoke, flicking a strand of hair off his forehead. Eli snickered.

"Can I wear this?" she questioned. The servant shot a look of disgust.

"No," he replied. Eli shrugged.

"Too bad. I guess I can't go, then," she insisted, and the servant seemed taken aback.

"It is mandatory that you go," he said. Eli shrugged and was about to elaborate further, but Rileigh interrupted her.

"Give him some clothes, Avylen," he said, and the guard nodded. Rileigh then looked at Eli, and she looked back with nothing short of hatred. "And you, Eli, come with me to the healers."

His own look had hardened, and he wasn't attempting to be friendly anymore. It annoyed Eli as much as it relieved her. She pushed past the guards and fell in step with Rileigh, not wishing to accept his authority.

"Look, we are going to be allies," Rileigh began after a minute of uncomfortable silence.

"Yes," Eli replied coldly, and he sighed, lightly shaking his head.