Chapter Forty Seven: Wrong

Harry felt as though someone had knocked the air out of him.

He could not believe that the sweet, beautiful and charming girl he had been talking with just seconds ago was daughter of the greatest and the most evil sorcerer in the world. He almost thought that she would burst into a fit of giggles and tell him it was all a joke. 

But sitting in front of her Harry could make out their similarities. How her lips were puffed out a bit just like her fathers. How her lips curved up when she smiled. How she spoke in the same confident manner as his. And how she radiated an aura of power.

The more he stared at her, the more she started to look like Tom Riddle. And yet her sparkling blue eyes, warm smile and silver hair told him that she was not completely like him. Not by nature at least.

Finally, Harry managed the courage to talk. "So your-er-last name is Riddle?" He asked, trying to keep his calm.

Fleur nodded, obviously relived that he had not done or said anything about breaking up with her. He wouldn't. He just couldn't. The fact that that evil man was her father wasn't Fleur's fault at all. It was a simple relation of blood. Something he could handle easily. 

"Technically it is supposed to be. But I do not agree. I don't want anything that relates me to that old fag. He's dumb. He's mad and he certainly is heartless. Trying to kill his children like that. I just wish that I could live long enough to see the day he dies" She mumbled, looking straight at Harry. "That's why I would love to help the person who is going to kill him"

Harry's skin tingled. He realized suddenly that Fleur had told him all about her past and the way she had spent her life without any hesitation. It meant that she trusted him. And yet all he had told her was that his mother was a muggle born and his father was a wizard. Heck, he hadn't even told her the whole truth yet. 

It just felt very wrong. Wrong because Fleur trusted Harry enough to tell him the story of her life. And he couldn't even tell her a simple truth. Surely, she could keep his secret. And then finally someone would know who he really was. Finally, Fleur and him would have a honest relationship.

For months Harry had been worrying that he would have to break up with Fleur once his time in the past was over. But now...He saw a chance. And he simply couldn't let it slip away. He would have to tell Fleur the truth. The truth about himself. The truth about Harry James Potter. 

So he took a deep breath and braced himself. Then he opened his mouth and said:

"Fleur, I-I have not been honest with you either. M-My name is Harry Potter and I am a time traveler too"