THE CALL DUH DUH DUHHH.

Liam pulled into Nando’s parking lot. I opened the door, and stepped out. Liam opened his door and jumped out anxiously. We speed walked towards the door with Liam a few steps in front of me. He opened the door for me and I walked through. We sat at the booth by the window .We sat across from each other.

                “Are you excited about the Turtle Convention?” I asked Liam, trying not to laugh.

                “Are you kidding? Yes!” he yelled.

                Everyone in Nando’s glared at him. Liam looked down at the table. His face turned bright red. A waiter came to our table.

                “Hello, May I help you?” the waiter asked. You could tell that the guy didn’t want to be at work by the expressions on his face.

                “Fried chicken,” Liam and I replied together.  The waiter nodded and walked away. He whispered something under his breath, but it was too quiet for me to hear.

                “Talk about grumpy waiters,” Liam mumbled.

                “Yeah,” I replied.

                BEEP!

                I pulled out my phone. My mom had texted me. It read:

‘Hey Honey, I won’t be home tonight, going out with your father again. I will be home early morning tomorrow.’

                I really did love my mom. And I always go shopping with her and spend a lot of time with her. But lately, she’s been going out with my dad a lot.

                “Mom won’t be home tonight,” I said as I put away my phone.

                “Ok,” Liam stated.

                “Again,” I added, thinking about how she wasn’t home the night before either.

                The grumpy waiter came to our table with a huge bowl of fried chicken. He dropped it on the table like he didn’t care if it broke or not, or if the chicken fell out of the bowl or not.

                After five minutes of nonstop eating, or at least nonstop eating for Liam, half the bowl was gone.

                Finally finishing the bowl, the grumpy waiter came to clear our table.

                Liam left the money on the table, not including the tip. Liam said that the waiter didn’t deserve a tip. I agreed. Our waiter was too grumpy.

                We drove off. Time for the Turtle Convention!

                We arrived at the turtle convention. I had a smile on my face, while Liam had a look of amazement and happiness.

                It was an outdoor event. There was an octagon shaped fence, which was filled with tanks with tanks of different species of turtles in each one. Information about the species of turtles was provided at the main desk.

                Liam sprinted to the Box turtles. He scanned the fence looking at every turtle and finally picking up one. Then he put it next to his face and took a picture with it. I slowly walked to stand by Liam. I looked at the box turtles and picked up one. Liam sprinted to the next octagon fence and picked up a turtle. He took a picture with one and ran to the next fence and repeated his order. This was just hilarious to me.