Extra Protection (60)

At the next order meeting, they were surprised to find that the dark lord had bought Emma's story about how she came across the file and disappointed that she didn't have anything else to tell them. He had only questioned her about it and then asked her to leave. Fred and George made sure to attend that meeting, both of them eyeing her skeptically. Right when the meeting had come to a close, Ginny let herself into the room along with Luna.

"Are you guys ready to go?" She asked curiously.

"Where are you going?" Fred asked her curiously. With everything that had been happening he had become even more protective- scared out of his mind that he would lose her even sooner.

"Looking for a dress," She told him with a smile.

"Can I come?" He asked with a grin.

"Absolutely not," Molly told him before Honey could say anything.

"For protection," He insisted.

"We can handle ourselves," Ginny said defensively as the order members started leaving.

"Anything could happen out there," He pointed, "Seriously guys."

"Fine," Honey said with a smirk, "We'll take George."

"Really?" He pouted.

"Really?" George asked excitedly.

"Fine," Fred said, grabbing Honey by the waist and pulling her in for a kiss. "Stay safe."

"Of course," She said, kissing him again and heading toward the living room the others had gone to wait for her. She noticed George hadn't followed so she turned to him, "You coming or what?"

Arriving at the dress store, Honey hadn't expected much. She had never been dress shopping, much less wedding dress shopping. She wanted to look nice, sure, but she didn't really care as much as she should have about the dress. The only reason she was getting one was that everyone else was excited about it, and she didn't want to let them down. Mable met them at the store and was surprised that George was there. They hadn't spoken much since the boys had opened their shop since they had stayed pretty busy, so she felt a little awkward about seeing him. Though her crush on him had definitely faded due to the distance, it was still there.

One of the sales associates had taken Honey to the back and had everyone sit down in a nice room with a big mirror. George took a seat next to Mable and awkwardly pat his knees which made her laugh a little. No one questioned it because they all knew, except Sirius of course.

"What's going on over there?" He whispered quietly to Luna, who was sitting next to him.

"They had a thing for each other," Luna said, not even bothering to lower her voice. "Nothing ever happened."

"It happens," Sirius said back with a shrug, not looking their way because he knew that that would embarrass them anymore.

Honey came back into the room wearing a dress the associate had chosen for her based on what Mable said she liked. She didn't know what she liked, so Mable just told her what she thought would look good on her. They could tell that she wasn't really into it, so when the associate left to find another dress, Molly got up and stood with Honey on the mirror. She was fluffing out the dress she was in absently.

"Is everything alright?" She asked curiously.

"Yeah, of course," She said quietly. "I think I'm just nervous."

"Can I ask why?" She asked.

"I feel guilty for making everyone do all of this," She admitted, "To just have me die."

"We want too," Molly told her seriously. "We want to do this for you, and for Fred. You deserve it, sweetheart."

"I know," She said with a sigh. "I'm just being silly."

"Yes, you are," George said loudly. "We all know that you want a bigger dress than that."

That made Honey laugh, mostly because she agreed with him. She was just worried about going over the top with it all because she felt like she didn't deserve it. She admitted that to them, which of course they assured her she did. Even if she was going to die that didn't mean that she shouldn't have a fantastic wedding and the dress of her dreams. She knew they meant what they said, and it cheered her up immensely. So did the things that George told her about how excited Fred was, and it snapped her right out of the mood she was in and put her into the one she needed to be in.

A little over an hour later, she and George got back to the flat and Fred was waiting up for them. He heard them coming up and couldn't help but smile at hearing Honey laugh. When they came in he instantly noticed that they didn't have anything with them.

"You didn't find anything?" He asked curiously as Honey slid herself down onto the couch with him and made herself comfortable at his side.

"I did," She said with a smile, her face even with his. "Molly took it home so that you didn't peak at it."

"I would never," He murmured, pressing his lips to hers happily.

"Not to interrupt anything," George said, making them pull apart. "But Mable and I are going to get lunch and I don't know where to take her or what to do."

Honey gave him a few tips about where to take her, and a few things about how she was feeling towards him. She wasn't mad at him for not contacting her because she understood, just disappointed. She also warned him about Cedric, who was starting to get feelings for her as well. He would have to win her over so to say, even though Mable didn't have feelings for Cedric, she could considering how much time they had been spending together. She also warned him not to make things weird because they were all going to have to see each other at their wedding which was only a few weeks away. They were holding it at the burrow, much to Molly's pleasure, and she and Fred couldn't wait for it.

NEXT UPDATE: FEBRUARY 25, 2019