Last Minute Adjustments (39)

Fred and George didn't get to see much of Honey and Mable the weeks that followed, because not only were they all busy with classes, they were busy helping Cedric prepare for the tournament. They didn't mind of course, because they understood and were promised that they would all sit together for the first task. The girls stayed true to their word and met up with them outside the pitch happily.

When Fred and George were done taking all their bets, they returned to their seats to see that Mable had brought along Demetri. Fred could tell that Honey couldn't care less about him though, because her eyes were on him as soon as they walked up.

She never told them about what happened between her and Xenophilius, and figured it was for the best. She couldn't exactly tell them she was staying with Sirius, so she thought it would be easier to just not tell them until she had too. They would all just worry about her, and she didn't want that. They were all worried enough about Harry and Cedric, who were about to battle dragons.

When they brought out the first dragon, intended for Fleur Delacour, Honeys eyes went wide. Fred recognized the look on her face, and instantly started to laugh, making her blush. She loved his laugh, so she couldn't even be mad about it. Everyone looked at him curiously, wondering what made him laugh that beautiful laugh of his.

"I'm sorry!" He said when he was done. "Honey, you can't have a dragon, it's illegal!"

"But look how cute it is!" She said with a small smile.

He just put his arms around her waist and pulled her into him to watch Fleur, who had started making her way through the arena. His body felt hot against hers, a sensation that she welcomed in the November air.

Demetri gave Mable a look, silently asking how the two of them weren't together yet. They were close, that much was obvious, and if he didn't know they weren't together he would have thought it. She just made an obnoxious I know face.

When it was Cedric's turn to come out, Honey was just about frozen in her place. As cute as the dragons were, they were no joke, and she was worried about him getting hurt. The only thing calming her down was Fred, who still had his arms around her waist and his chin resting on the top of her head.

After Cedric was finished, escaping with only a few bad burns, the keepers brought out Harry's dragon. Charlie, who was one of the keepers there, was particularly fond of that breed of a dragon- the Hungarian Horntail. It was Honeys turn to calm Fred down because he and the other Weasleys just about lost it when they saw it. It was two times bigger, and ten times more dangerous than everyone else dragons.

No one knew what was going to happen when Harry summoned his broom,  but never did they think that the dragon would break out of its chains to chase him around the school.  He was lucky enough to bring it back into the arena and somehow manage to get the egg all the same. He was awarded first place, after tying with Victor Krum.  Honey stayed with the twins while they paid the people who they needed too, and walked with them to the castle talking about the tournament, and wondering what the next would be.

Since Cedric had to figure out what the egg meant himself, she and Mable had more time on their hands to hang out with the two boys, which they appreciated. A few weeks after the tournament, their head of house gathered a meeting to tell them about the yule ball, which would be held during Christmas break. Mable was overly excited about it, excited about the chance to dress up, while Honey was a little indifferent about it.

The first thing that Fred thought when Mcgonnagal told them about the ball was that he was going to ask Honey, and had already begun forming a plan. He wanted to do something special, obviously, and he knew exactly what. He had George started working on it as soon as they got back to their dorms, talking about whether or not he should ask Mable, who they were going to include in their planning.

Honey didn't need to be told that Fred was planning something. She knew him well enough to recognize his plans, and Mable wasn't exactly hiding the fact that she was involved. Though, she wished he would hurry up because after a week she was getting tired of people asking her. She hadn't expected so many people to want to go with her, but there was a least one person every day.

She was sitting with the boys and Mable at the Gryffindor table during dinner, when Mable whistled from across the table at her, nodding her head to someone behind her. Some boy she barely recognized as a Ravenclaw had come up behind her and was trying to get her attention. She put on a polite smile, after giving Mable a look.

"Would you like to go to the ball with me?" He asked her confidently. Mable was busy laughing at Fred's face along with George because though he knew a lot of people were asking her, he had never seen it.

"No, sorry. Thank you for asking though!" She said in a sweet voice. He smiled back and nodded before going back to his table where his friends were waiting.

"How sweet," Mable teased, with a fake pout on her lips.

"Who even was that?" She asked with a small laugh.

"I don't know!" Mable said laughing as well.

"Fred, you really need to hurry up because I'm getting tired of all these people coming up to me," She told him casually, making him laugh.

"Just putting together some last minute adjustments," He told her with a smile, glad that she knew he was planning to ask her and was okay with it.

"Wait! How do you know he's gonna ask you?" Mable asked surprised.

"I'm not stupid," She responded with a smile, taking a bite of her food. 

"Well now, this is no fun at all! It was supposed to be a surprise!" She said with a pout. They all just laughed at her dramatics and went back to the conversation they were having before.

A/N: Go check out my newest story, Landslide! It's a Harry Potter fanfiction, of course, and I suppose we could also say it's a Draco Malfoy one.