Plastic Cups (14)

The train started moving again shortly after, and Honey shakily tried attempted to get off of Fred. She vaguely remembered him pulled her into his lap when the dementors came in, and was shaking so badly that Fred just pulled her back and into a tight hug. She excepted it gladly, resting against his chest while he held her.

George got into Lee's lap while making cooing noises, making Honey laugh and flip them off. She flipped them off with her bad finger, meaning she flipped them off with  just over half a finger. George laughed and got off Lee, who awkwardly smiled. He wasn't sure if it was rude to laugh at her when she did that because typically loosing body parts was a sore topic.

"Is it weird not having all your fingers?" Lee asked her curiously, when they stopped laughing.

"Not really. I got use to it after a while." She answered, "I think it's more weird for the boys than with me."

"What do you mean?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. Her sweet smile turned into a mischievous smirk, one that Lee had never seen before, and she whipped around and poked Fred Fred in the cheek with it.

"Ugh, Honey!" Fred whined, grabbing her hand and moving it away from his face.

"Whats wrong with that?" Lee asked confused.

"Touch it" She told him, getting up from Fred's lap and holding her hand out.

"What?" He said, eyeing it skeptically.

"Just do it" George said laughing alongside Fred, while Angelina watched from her spot by the door. Lee hesitantly reached out and touched it, trying not to cringe.

"Is that your bone?" He asked surprised, poking the top of it.

"Yup. The blast crushed my entire middle, distal, and intermediate phalanges beyond repair and broke the rest, but didn't even touch any of the proximal." She explained, going back to her seat next to Fred.

"Was it hard to adjust?" Angelina asked curiously, speaking to Honey in a nice voice for the first time.

"A little. Molly ended up buying me plastic tea cups so I didn't keep dropping the glass ones!" She said smiling, as the boys watched them interact nervously. They didn't know how long the calmness would last.

"I always wondered why there were plastic ones" Lee said thoughtfully.

George broke the conversation by asking anyone if they wanted to play cards, and with that they started a five people game of exploding snap until they arrived at the train station. When they did, Honey parted with the twins to find Mable. While Honey was gone, Fred and George thanked Angelina for behaving with Honey. They had spoken with her about being nicer to Honey, after she stopped by that day during the summer, and she promised them she'd try. She didn't want to be her friend, but the least she could do was be friendly. 

Honey didn't find Mable. She found Cedric, or more, he found her. She turned around when she heard her name being called down the corridor, to see that it was him standing there. As much as she hated to admit it, she missed him a lot. 

"Can I talk to you?" He asked her when he approached. Something about his voice was sincere, and instead of answering right away she went through her options.

She wanted to talk to him- to at least hear what he had to say- but at the same time she didn't.  She wanted to stay mad at him for what he had done, and knew that she would forgive him if he asked her too. After a moments consideration, she nodded.  He just wanted to talk, and if she didn't like what he had to say she could always just leave. He nodded for her to follow him into his compartment, which was surprisingly empty. She sat down silently, with him across from her, and waited for him to speak. He seemed to be gathering his words.

"I'm sorry" He told her, his voice screaming that he was telling the truth. Honey knew that he was, so she allowed him to continue. "What I did- it wasn't okay. You know how people say that you don't realize what you've got until it's gone? I feel like that. I miss you, and I didn't realize how much I valued your friendship until I didn't have it anymore. During school, I was fine. I missed you a lot but I was fine. Then I didn't want to hang out with my other friends because all I wanted to do was hang out with you. Summer came and I wanted to talk to you but I couldn't. I had done something so so stupid and-"

"I forgive you." She interrupted, not looking up to meet his eyes.

"You- you forgive me?" He asked astonished.

"Of course I do, but I need you to promise me you don't think of me like that anymore. I'm just your friend" She stated, "Tell me those exact words so I know you aren't lying."

"I promise that I don't think of you in that way. You're just my friend." He said,

"And you wont lie to me anymore? About anything?" She asked him curiously.

"I won't lie to you about anything. Just please by my friend again, I miss you." He said, watching a smile grow on her face that spread to his own

"Come here you big goof" She said, holding her arms out for a hug. "I missed you too"

When the train pulled into the station not long later, Fred found himself carrying Tiberius and wondering where Honey had gone. She never mentioned if she was coming back or not, and she didn't so he assumed she was with Mable. That was until he saw Mable heading towards them without Honey by her side.

"Wheres Honey?" Fred asked her confused. "She said she was going find you a while ago."

"I was coming ask you guys the same thing" She said, getting the attention of George and Lee. "She never found me."

They all looked around, hoping to spot her when Mable surprisingly did. She was on someones shoulders, navigating them over to where the group was, but she couldn't see who it was.

"I found her?" Mable said, more as I question than a statement, causing them to look at where Honey was. She waved at them, and as they got closer and the crowd cleared they saw who she was on the shoulders of It was Cedric Diggory.