Effectively Color Coded (46)

Honey was in the kitchen making breakfast with Molly when everyone got up the next morning, and Fred was at the table watching her like he always was. It almost felt like they were back to their old routine until Sirius and Remus came in. Though, Fred didn't even look up at them. He just continued to watch Honey with a goofy, lovestruck grin on his face.

"Is he always like this?" Sirius asked George curiously, pointing to Fred.

"Oh, yeah," George said with a laugh making Fred look over. He just rolled his eyes, he was used to it and still half asleep.

"We are cleaning today to keep you all busy," Molly said, putting a plate down on the table. To her surprise, Fred and George both let their heads fall down on the table with a loud thump. "Boys!"

Neither one of them lifted their head, and Honey took that as a perfect opportunity to take a piece of ice from the freezer and stick it into the tops of their shirts, making them jump up in their seats. Honey let out a laugh happily, and Sirius was surprised by how much her laugh sounded like his own. Once the two boys got the ice out their shirts, they rounded on her, but she was already halfway out the door.

"Be careful on the stairs!" Molly yelled out at them loudly, reminding Remus and Sirius of James's mother, who used to yell the same warning.

"She's got a lot of energy today," Sirius commented to the two of them.

"I told you having them here would help her," Remus pointed out.

"It's helped them too," Molly pointed out. They all jumped when they heard a small crash, but relaxed when it was followed by laughter.

Honey was glad to have the boys there at Grimuled place, at least until two weeks later when she couldn't even pull herself out of bed. She hated to worry people, so she pulled herself up anyway, despite her bodies protests. She felt shaky on her feet, but she just had to make it to the medicine cabinet. She did it the last time, and she was determined to do it again.

Sirius found her sitting on the ground at the top of the stairs with her head on her knees. She looked up when she saw him coming, revealing the bags under her eyes and her tear-stained face. She hadn't made it very far from her room before she had to sit down. When she saw him, she tried to stand up, holding onto the railing from the stairs for support.

"I'm fine," She said, as he rushed over to help her up.

"Just tell me what you need," He said instantly, feeling the way her body shook.

"To do it by myself," She told him, trying to push away from him. "Sirius!"

"Honey, let me help you!"

"I can do it!" She cried back, angry tears starting to fall again as she grit her teeth. Their yelling was loud enough that Remus heard it, and had come to investigate.

"Sirius," Remus said softly from behind him, putting a hand on his back comfortingly. He softly let go of Honey, knowing what he meant. She had to do it on her own.

"Thank you," She said weakly, taking a deep breath. "You don't have to chaperone me."

Remus took Sirius by the hand and led him down the stairs. He didn't want to go, but they had to warn everyone that she was coming down and to stay out of her way. The twins were the first ones they saw and were about to head up her way.