Lipstick Stains (40)

When Mable started rushing Honey to get into the great hall the next day at lunch, she knew that Fred had finished whatever he was planning. Instead of taking her to their normal spot at the Hufflepuff table, Mable took her to the front of the great hall where and X had been marked on the floor in tape. The X was in front of the teacher's table, where Dumbledore was sitting with a few other teachers who all had smiles on their faces.

"Hello," She said to them with an awkward smile as Mable ran off. "This isn't going to hurt, is it?"

Before any of them could answer, she noticed Fred walk in with a bright smile. The second the door shut behind him, fireworks went off at several points in the room with a soft pop. The fireworks were like little silver stars and were set off from a few students at each table including Mable and George at their respective tables. She couldn't help but laugh as Fred made his way to the great hall and to where she stood, seeming as calm as could be even though he actually was quite nervous.

"Honey," He started with a dashing smile, "Will you be my date to the ball?"

"Of course!" She said with a smile, as the firework stars faded away.

The whole hall erupted into cheers for them and to her surprise, Dumbledore set off a firework of his own just above them as Fred pulled her into a hug. The heatless sparks were multi-colored, like sparkling confetti, and neither one of them paid Colin Creevy who was snapping photos. Fred thanked Dumbledore for his help and took Honey's hand as they made their way to where Mable and George were sitting at the Gryffindor table.

"Now how am I supposed to top that when I ask my date?" Lee asked him with fake aggravation. "I'm joking. I'm happy for you guys."

"Me too!" Mable interrupted, giving Honey a wink so she knew where she was going with that. "Now I just need a date and we are all set."

"I'm sure you'll find one!" Honey said, kicking George under the table making him jump. She knew that was exactly what Mable wanted her to do.

"We are out of fireworks, but would you go with me?" George asked her curiously with a smile.

"I would love too," She answered with a smile like she didn't know he was going to do that.

"The fireworks really were great. Did you guys make them?"Honey asked curiously.

That started a conversation about the fireworks and how they made them that lasted for the rest of lunch, and they all went their separate ways after that. She was very happy, and couldn't wait to mail Sirius and tell him what happened.

When she did mail him, she attached the photo that Colin Creevy had given her in the hallway. He enchanted it to move and had snapped it just as Dumbledore set off his firework. She made a copy of it of course so that she could keep one for herself. Sirius had gone back to his house after meeting up with Harry, knowing that he couldn't stay for very long.  His letter back that she got two days later, was saying that he was happy and to make sure that she sent him pictures of her at the ball.

Cedric managed to snag a date with Cho Chang, the girl he had been almost dating for a while, which meant that Honey and Mable invited her to get ready with them. She was a little awkward at first when the girls picked her up, but soon enough she was laughing with them and being herself. They understood why Cedric liked her because she was a sweet girl. 

Where Mable went all out with her hair and makeup, Honey went with a more natural look. She straightened her hair, and only put on a little makeup, including lipstick because she knew how much that would distract Fred, and a sparkely headband to keep her hair out of her face. Mable pointed it out, and she only winked as she zipped her dress up. After then all taking silly pictures, they headed out.

Cedric was waiting in the common room for Cho, surprisingly with Fred and George, who were supposed to meet them when they got there. Of course, they never did listen, so she should have expected it. Fred's reaction to seeing Honey in her pretty dress was much like the first time, and he just couldn't wipe the smile off of his face when she came up to him. Her hands instantly went to straighten his tie, and the smile on her face matched his.  Tiberius wound around their legs happily, because it wasn't often that Fred was in the Hufflepuff common room.

"What's cooking, good loking?" She said quietly. She wanted to make a joke and wanted to compliment him too, but for some reason that was all her brain could come up with. He laughed, of course, and wrapped his arm around her with every intention of kissing her, when surprisingly, Mable stopped him.

"No! She's messed up that lipstick too many times already!" She yelled loudly. Both of them made a face that clearly said Really? making her laugh.

 Honey gave her a death stare, before kissing Fred on the cheek, leaving behind a pink imprint of her lips, making her giggle happily. She couldn't be mad about it, and neither could Fred because she was just so cute, and her lipstick had stayed intact after all.

They headed out of the common room together after having a passing underclassman take pictures of them, excited to see how the great hall had been decorated for the event. Since Fred had waited too long to take the lipstick off his cheek, it had dried and he was stuck with it, but wasn't complaining in the slightest.

A/N: I posted the wrong chapter, so I'm sorry if you got two notifications and I got your hopes up.