Part 11

Chapter 11

Hiccup was walking on clouds the next day, well not literally, but he was far more happier than he had been in a while and it was all thanks to Astrid and their 'not-date' date. The first and only class that Saturday morning was that of Professor Queen and plonking himself down in the hotseat with a smile on his face raised some eyebrows from his colleagues. No one smiled like that while in that seat, most whimpered, some cried, so Hiccup's good mood got noticed. Hiccup sat with his back to the others so he did not see Heather's scowl directed at him for a minute.

"Good morning class," Professor Queen said as she came into the room while carrying a to-go cup. "I hope you all read up on the next few chapters because we will be handling a case study today."

Several groans could be heard but they snapped their mouths shut when the professor shot them a glare. "Now let's continue along. This particular case places emphasis on mens rea and actus reus......." Professor Queen started lecturing. The class continued for three hours with a short break in between and afterwards Hiccup felt like his head was spinning. Some cases were just too plain weird.

Hiccup was just on his way out of the classroom when Heather caught up with him. "Hiccup can we talk?" She asked and Hiccup looked around but didn't see any Fishlegs. It was odd because the two normally walked to class together and were all lovey-dovey as well.

"What do you want Heather?" Hiccup asked. Heather's recent behavior and going out with Astrid had started Hiccup getting over Heather for real. He looked at the woman he once fell in love with clearer eyes and he didn't like what he saw.

"Who was that woman?" Heather asked him pointedly.

"Excuse me what?" Hiccup lifted a brow.

"That woman you were with last night. Who was she?" Heather demanded.

"And what gives you the right to know?" Hiccup asked with a raised brow as Heather sputtered.

"Hiccup I demand to know. For all you know she could be playing you."

"Like you did?" Hiccup shot back dryly causing Heather to take a step back.

"Heather? You're still here?" Came the question as Fishlegs came out of the classroom, most likely after having had a conversation with Professor Queen. Hiccup took the opportunity to turn around and walk away. He had nothing to justify to Heather after all.

Hiccup let out a sigh. He had no more classes today but he also didn't just want to go back to his dorm. He was wandering around campus when he spotted a small on-campus cafe. Hiccup entered, deciding he had nothing else to do except go back to a pouting cat. When he approached the counter he spotted a familiar face. "Snotlout?"

"Hiccup!"

"You work here?" he asked the obvious question as he took in Snotlout's apron and........ Reindeer antlers.

"Yeah, about two months now," Snotlout told him and then asked what he wanted.

"Uhm...." Hiccup looked at the menu and the amount of different coffees available. This little store had a variety that would put any large chain coffee shop to shame. "That's a lot....." Hiccup mumbled as his brows furrowed. He hadn't even heard of half of these.

"Well this is a campus," Snotlout said as he waved his hands around causing the antlers on his head to jingle. "Coffee makes the world go round here."

The cafe wasn't busy, which was surprising and both turned to look towards the door as it opened with a creek and the bell above got hit. "Astrid?" Hiccup's eyes widened upon seeing her. He knew she was still on campus doing research but he didn't think he would run into her so soon.