⏩Sal Fisher : Anniversary⏪

"Ash, I need help."

Ash looks away from her locker, seeing Sal beside her. He looks timid.

"Yeah?" She asks, closing her locker as she gets the books she needs. "What's wrong?"

"It's.. our anniversary and.. I don't know what to do, do I do something special?" Sal questions, clearly panicked. "She greeted me earlier and kissed me on the cheek, I greeted back but I don't know, what do I do on a special day for us?!"

"Calm down!" Ash laughs, putting a hand on her shoulder. "I don't know, do the things the two of you do that makes it special. I haven't been in a relationship, I support the two of you, but I don't know how to make it special for her. Maybe cook something for her? Give her a handmade letter? Show her a talent of yours?"

Sal presses his face against the lockers, groaning, "The only talent I have is being depressed, making her smile, playing the guitar-"

He pauses, looking up at Ash. She smiles at him, knowing his idea.

"Wow, that was quick." She jokes. She pats his shoulder, nodding in approval. "Good luck, Sal! Make her happy. Also, happy anniversary for the two of you!"

"Thanks!"

|| later that afternoon

You were at home, reading a book while sitting on the couch. Sal had told you that he'd visiting your house after school, but you don't know when. All you can do is anticipate his arrival as you read your book. 

Your parents were home, luckily taking a break from their jobs. They were given a day off, so you didn't have to worry about making your own dinner again. You already told them that you're expecting a visitor, and they teased you that it's going to be Sal.

They were right, you couldn't deny them.

Soon you hear the door bell ring, you open the door to reveal Sal with a guitar. You immediately blush, hearing your mother squeal behind you. 

Sal was motionless for a few seconds, until he remembers why he was hear. He starts to strum his guitar, remembering the chords inside his head. 

You stand there watching him, heart warming at the act. You've heard him play his guitar, but not actually sing.

And when he did, damn, you heart was snatched. You're falling in love all over again. He sang with so much emotion that you actually teared up a little. 

He finishes his song, and you hear your parents clapping behind you. You hug Sal, whispering praises in his ear and thanking him.

"That was sweet," You whisper to him. "I love you."

"I love you too." He replies, smiling underneath his mask.

"Well, son, you're just in time for dinner. Want to stay for the night?" Your dad suggest. Sal was about to deny, but you weren't going to take no for an answer. You pull him inside, letting him set his guitar on the couch. 

You all settle in the dining room, your mother having cooked pasta for dinner. Sal unclasps the lower part of his mask so he could eat, and picks up a fork. 

"You have a lovely voice, Sal." Your mother compliments with a smile. "If I were your age, I definitely would have gotten a crush on you!"

"Well, that's how I got you as a girlfriend." Your dad chuckles. The rest of dinner was full of conversations, mostly about you and Sal. You all finished eating, with you and Sal going outside to sit on the porch and just talk. 

"Today was great." You tell him, beaming. "I mean, like mom said! You have a great voice, I wonder why you don't sing as much."

"I'm shy." He shrugs, chuckling about it. He holds your hand, caressing your knuckles with his thumb. You lean your head against his shoulder, both of you looking up at the night sky. 

"Happy anniversary, love." You tell him.