Everett nods and closes her eyes. I have a feeling she will have a nightmare and just as I am about to fall asleep she whimpers and I pull her closer, hoping my warmth will drive away the nightmare. It seems to work as she snuggles deeper into my embrace and calms down. After I make sure the nightmare doesn't return to her, I let sleep consume me.

>>><><<<

I wake up to a whimper echoing around the room. I move my arms to draw Everett closer to me but her spot on the bed is cold and I am already sitting up in bed looking wildly around the room for her. She's in the far corner curled up on the ground. Her hands are clutching her head, her back curling awkwardly.

I rush over and kneel beside her and place my hand against her back. I can feel the heat radiating off of her. She's panting and sweating. I hear a snap and Everett screams in pain. I can see her leg just snapped and is not in a weird angle. She's shifting.

"Everett. I need you to listen to me carefully. You are shifting. Your wolf is beginning to surface. I need to pick you up and carry you outside. This is going to hurt and I'm sorry." I shift her into my arms and she whimpers. I kiss her forehead, but I can't hold her tightly because her bones will start snapping and reforming at a fast rate. "Logan!" I yell as I jog out of out room.

He can tell that there is something going on and comes out of his room quickly and follows me, "What's happening?"

A snap and then a yell echoes through the tunnels before I can answer him. His eyes widen before running ahead of us to make sure that no one is getting in our ways.

It is custom for Lupus wolves to shift in the forest. The forest is where the wolf is most at home. The first sight a wolf should see once they are shifted is the forest in order to ensure they remain calm and do not lose control. The age of shifting is different for every wolf. Wolves are the least in control between the ages of thirteen and eighteen. Werewolves that shift in this age range are the most in danger for going on rampages when they first shift because of the panic and fear they are feeling.

Everett should've shifted early because she is a Luna. She probably would've shifted around the same age I did, this being five, but because of the trauma she went through her wolf was suppressed. I don't know how her wolf is going to react once it surfaces.

After the wolf has fully shifted, the alpha needs to be there in wolf form to ensure they will not rampage and kill any of the members. It is my job as the alpha to keep them calm and ensure their safety and the safety of the back.

I run so the cave is not in our general area that way if Everett takes off she won't run and get lost and more panicked within the maze of halls within the cave. I fear her wolf is going to go crazy the second she emerges because of the trauma and lack of communication with Everett that she will have. They have not had the years together to communicate and grow used to each other's temperaments and presence.

The beta is also present during a shift. Logan will keep anyone that wanders close back in case Everett's wolf decides to attack. Everything is going to be a threat to her when she first shifts, even me. She will think I am going to attack her but I have to prove that I am there to protect her. I might have to take force in stopping her from running.

Everett whimpers before screaming as I hear another crack. Her other leg has snapped and it now reforming under her skin. I see the tiniest bit of hair sprouting on her legs. She's transforming a lot faster then most wolves.

I reach a clearing and place her down. She whimpers and reaches for me. I kneel beside her and hold her hand.

"Please make it stop." Everett's eyes are full of tears and they fall freely down her cheeks.

I press my forehead against her, "I'm sorry I can't Little One. Your wolf is emerging. Just imagine. We can play together in clearings and lay in the sun."

"It hurts." Everett grips my hand and another bone cracks and she screams.

"I know, Little One. But Logan and I are here with you. Just think, this is another step for us to move forward. We are going to have so much fun after all of this is over." I whisper and kiss her gently. She whimpers and squeezes her eyes shut. Logan is already in wolf form and lays beside her. He rubs his nose against the side of her head. His black fur with white throughout it glows under the moonlight.

It feels like hours past but no wolf or witch tries to follow us. The guards must have informed the witches of what is happening and what our traditions are. Everett continues to cry but she no longer begs me to stop what is happening. She knows there is no stopping what is happening and after the pain we will be closer to having the life we always wanted.

Hair is sprouting over her body, her bones have broke and are shifting underneath her skin. She will shift any second now. I've already shifting hoping that if her wolf surfaces before the shift is complete she will recognize me as her mate and not as a threat.

With a final scream of pain, Everett completes the shift. Her wolf lays panting in front of us. Her wolf is pure white with black throughout giving her the look of cookies and cream. She's the opposite of Logan. Her wolf is very small probably because she is taking on the form of what she would've been if she shifted at the same age as I did. She tries to stand up but stumbles. I rush forward and press my head underneath hers. Logan presses his head underneath her belly.

Everett growls and nips at him. Obviously, Everett's wolf doesn't recognize Logan yet. Logan and I growl at her softly and she bows her head. She recognizes us as the alpha and beta figures and lowers her head respectfully.

Everett manages to stand up but her legs are shaky. She takes a few tentative steps and Logan and I stay close to either side of her. Once she is stable on her feet she begins to jump around lowers her front, leaving her behind up. She wags her tail and pounces on me. I growl playfully as I allow her to knock me over and she tugs on my ear lightly. I nudge her face and she rubs her face against my neck lovingly. She nuzzles my face and licks my face. I return the gesture and see Logan walking away. He's giving us the alone time we need and goes to inform the pack of what has happened. Everett plays for a little while longer before growing tired. She curls up against my side and falls asleep. I keep watch of her as she sleeps and the glow of the moon travels away from us and the sun rises. 

|AUTHOR'S NOTE|

Everett finally shifted!! I hope that all of you enjoyed this chapter. This chapter might be one of the longest I have written and I really hope to continue writing longer chapters because it seems you guys really like them.

|Chapter Goals and Questions|

Number of Reads: 31 K

Number of Votes: 1.4 K

Did I describe Logan's wolf as being a different colour before? I couldn't find it in the story if I did so if you guys can remember please make sure to comment it here and I will change it so that the story is cohesive.