Nearing Judgement

"ello lovelies. Alright. So. Here's the rundown. I realize I said somewhere that I wanted this to be twenty chapters. I'm not going to drag it out that long. So, after this part, there'll only be one or two parts left to write. You heard me. Silence of the Heart is coming to an end. I probably won't write any more PJO or HOO stuff but I do have some other fics started. I have a Doctor Who, a Loki, and a Sherlock Harry Potter crossover. I will probably upload either the Loki or PotterLock first. Okay, think I've prattled on long enough. Here's your update! WARNING: MAJOR CHARACTER DEATH Possible triggers.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Hades had let Nico out of the cage. The teen was currently croached next to the curled up form of Percy. Both boys had grubby, tear stained faces, resulting from the Iris Message in the middle of the room. Percy hadn't spoken for hours, a terrifying reminisce of when he was mute. Hades had finally broken him, body and mind.

AN HOUR AND A HALF EARLIER

Hades strolled into their dungeon, whistling of all things. He'd let Nico out, smiling.

"I have a present for you both. It's a video, live stream of some friends of yours!" he grinned, evil glinting in his eyes. He pulled up an Iris message, Annabeth and Blackjack flying over some city. Percy and Nico both gasped, scrambling over like beggars presented with a feast. Hades grin turned cruel.

"Why don't I send them a little present, ay?" He cackled as they both protested, jumping up and starting towards him. He snapped his fingers, a puff of purple smoke wisping to the ceiling. The messaged showed the iron net flying at them, it showed the net smashing into them. It showed them falling, screaming to the cold, hard ground. It showed the blood and mangled corpses, it played the screams, that were suddenly cut off.

The boys had been standing silently, shocked. Percy sank to his knees, eyes wide. He shook his head slightly. Hades laughed at him. Nico felt like his feet had been glued to the floor. His heart was pounding in his throat and his stomach had dropped to his feet. His eyes were wide, his ears echoing with Annabeth's screams. One word kept swirling through his mind.

Dead.

Annabeth Chase was dead. She was dead because she was looking for them. It was his fault. His fault for being gay, for being unusual, for being a disappointment.

He hadn't realized he was crying until he felt warm tracks down his face. He blinked, and focused on Percy. He was sitting on his feet, legs tucked under him. He stared at the floor, face a stricken mask of disbelief. Nico walked softly over to him, then kneeled at his side. He wrapped his arms around Percy's shoulders, tugging him into a hug. And then the son of the sea god crashed upon the rocks. His composure broke, sobs ripping out of his throat along with a strange keening noise. He sobbed and sobbed for who knows how long, eventually tiring himself and falling into the land of nightmares. And still Nico held him, never sleeping as the night wore on. Or what they assumed was night. They really had no idea anymore. Night, day, weeks, months, they all were a haze of pain.

But Hades was getting bored, so he decided to entertain himself. Hence Annabeth. He'd finally gotten half of what he wanted. Percy was broken. Completely and utterly.

Nico was lulled to sleep by Percy's heartbeat. And woken by a gunshot.

____________________________

Sorry it's short but I wanted to end on a cliffy for once. Can yalls do me a favour? If you been here since part one, comment? Thanks. Until next time!