Screams

Hello lovelies. Terribly sorry for the long wait. I have been rather busy with softball lately and working on some other stories of mine. Realized I should probably update this before y'all's rage quitted on me so here ya go!

_______________________

About thirty minutes after Percy's revelation Hades tossed Nico back in with a smirk. Nico curled in on himself and lay there trembling and whimpering. He was just a foot or two from the bars of Percy's cage.

Do it Percy! Come one you've faced Kronos for Olympus' sake! Why is this so difficult for you?!

Percy scrunched his nose up and reached through the bars. His arms were just long enough to reach Nico's shoulders. He ignored the younger teen's flinch and started tugging him closer to his cage. Nico got the hint and scooched closer.

Once he was close enough, Percy wrapped his arms around him. It was rather awkward and uncomfortable but it accomplished what Percy had wanted it to. Nico slowly stopped shaking and he whimpered only a couple more times. Soon his breathing evened out and Percy knew he had found some semblance of sleep. And then the nightmares started.

Percy's first hint was when Nico started tensing up. His entire body clenched, his face looked pained. He whimpered and shifted, his hands clenching. Even as Percy stared at him with concern Nico let loose a heart-wrenching blood-curdling scream. He screamed again and again, sounding like nothing Percy had ever heard. Tears sheeted down Nico's face. Percy shook him, feeling useless.

NICO! NICO WAKE UP! DAMMIT WHY CANT I HAVE MY VOICE?! Gods this terrible! I can't help him!

Thoughts about how useless he was swirled through Percy's head as he tried to wake Nico up. He shook him, slapped him (gently mind you). Nothing worked and Nico screamed until his voice started going raw. Eventually Percy, in a last ditch effort, pulled the teen close and pressed his lips to Nico's temple, rubbing circles and random patterns on his back. Nico's screams turned to whimpers and groans, his body loosening slightly. Tears still traced down his cheeks and dripped onto his tattered shirt. Percy took his thumb and did his best to wipe away the tears, looking sadly down at Nico.

How can I make your pain stop Nico? How can I help you?

___________________________

So what do you think Neek's nightmare was of? Thanks go to SuperwholockPJO for destroying my writer's block! Go give her hugs!