Contact

Don't kill me I know it was a long wait. A friend of mine *cough* Voods *cough* threatened me. Y'all's almost made me cry. 3.2K views. I had no idea this would reach that many people. Thank you so SO much. Voods gave me the idea for this chappie. I'm using an adapted version of a bit she wrote me. So, without further ado, Chapter 12.

___________________________________

ANNABETH'S POV (a/n: Crazy right?)

Annabeth was going crazy. Percy and Nico had been missing for over seven months now and she hadn't the slightest idea of where they were or even if they were still alive. The only clues she had were the piles of bones that lay on their beds the morning they disappeared. They had to be in the Underworld, why else would there be bones on their beds? Why were they there? And why hadn't they come back yet? Annabeth didn't have any answers. She hadn't contacted any of the gods since they went missing but she figured she would have to soon. She could tell by the massive, continuous storm stretching over most of New York that Zeus was pretty upset. Not to mention the even bigger tidal waves washing in from the ocean.

Something was wrong. And she needed to figure out what.

As she sat on her bunk, fingering a gold drachma, she pondered what to say to the gods. Yes hello. I happened to notice Percy and Nico went missing and would like to know if your brother happened to kidnap them! Oh hello mother! Yeah, that would work well. She sighed and with a half hearted shrug, started walking to Percy's cabin. She would use the fountain that Tyson had fixed.

As she walked through camp, she ignored the whispers and pointing fingers. Grover came up to her and was talking but she ignored him. She felt their concerned pitying gazes and glares at the ground. It was the Hera Incident all over. Annabeth reached the Poseidon cabin and hesitated for a moment to steel herself. This was his cabin. It smelled like him and his ghost was everywhere. The messy bunk, Riptide laying on the bedside table. She clenched her eyes shut and closed the door, leaning against the wood. She heard his laugh, him teasing her. She saw him smiling and hugging her. She bit her lip and shook her head, pushing those thoughts away. She reopened her eyes and strode purposefully to the fountain.

Tossing the coin in she spoke softly, "O Iris, Goddess of the Rainbow accept my offering. Mount Olympus" The rainbow shimmered and the throne room came into focus. The gods were arguing amongst themselves. Thunder was booming, small fires spurted, it rained and red cows meandered around looking lost. She caught snippets.

"Seven months!"

"Hades most likely!"

"He would never"

"Yes he would!"

"Stop being daft!"

"Could be dead!"

"No contact"

"Tortured"

She cleared her throat and put on her poker face. The gods froze and turned towards the Iris message, looking a bit sheepish. Zeus finally spoke up.

"Annabeth," he rumbled,"it is not customary for demigods to contact us. What is the emergency?" He had the decency to look a bit guilty. She scoffed, rolling her eyes.

"Gee I wonder. Seeings how you were arguing about it just now, I think it's high time we start looking for them. Have you located them?" Not how I planned this to go but it's an approach. Zeus raised his eyebrow.

"No we haven't. But Hades has been missing as well. We have been unable to contact him. It is as if he has been blocked from us."

"And you haven't sent anyone to the Underworld to check?" Annabeth stared at the god as he shook his head. Annabeth threw her arms in the air. "Guess I'm going there myself!" She sliced a hand through the message before she could hear their protests. Anger burned inside her as she stormed out of the cabin, stalking to her own. People quickly got out of her way, blatantly frightened. She slammed the door to her cabin open and began packing her backpack, muttering curses in Greek. When she had finished, she quickly slung it over her shoulders and briskly walked out, heading for the stables. She had a lid on her emotions now and her face was a blank slate. She strode into the stables, shooing off several Aphrodite campers. Slowing her pace, she searched the stalls until she came to a familiar black pegasus.

"You wanna help me find him Blackjack?" She asked softly, petting his neck and giving him a sugar cube. He snorted and she took it as an affirmative. She grinned and jumped onto his back, urging him out. He took to the air once they were outside and swiftly beat his way up. She looked down and grinned at the shocked faces below, waving. She saw Chiron canter out of The Big House, shouting something to her that got lost in the wind. She turned back around, leaning over Blackjack's neck.

"What do ya say boy? Ready to find Perce?" Blackjack whinnied and put on a burst of speed, flying to the Underworld.

___________________________________

It's a bit short I know. You can thank Voods for the update though. I'm going to be busy the next week so I probably won't update. I love you all! Give me your thoughts to munch on.