Chapter 1

Izuku has no idea that his life will change when he was diagnosed as quirkless. First, Kacchan, his cool bestfriend, started to use his quirk against him. He called him "Deku" because he is useless.

Then, his dad shouted at him one time when he was drunk. "I DON'T NEED A QUIRKLESS SON!"

Mom also stopped calling him "dear", or "sweetheart", or "my baby".

He thought that it was because he did something and they were punishing him. He refused to believe that they don't love him anymore. He's sure that once he become a hero, they will be very proud of him. But then, one day, he woke up alone in their empty apartment. His parents' stuff was not their anymore. Mom and dad were gone. He's alone now.

He cried all day and night for three days. His stuff was still in his room, but they only left 2 loaf of breads and two bottles of water for him in the kitchen.

The five years old boy, still hoping for his parents to return, devoured the food when hunger struck him. Unfortunately, on the fifth day, there were no food for him to eat and no water to drink. He contented himself by drinking the water in the faucet, clean or not, he's thirsty to care and too young to know.

With empty stomach, Izuku decided to draw to entertain himself and forget about the hunger. He draw a lot of stuff, All Might, his parents, his future costume and All Might again. When there's nothing to draw, he decided to read some of his picture books.

Most of them were about heroes and old fairy tales. But there was one particular book that Izuku really liked. It's not about All Might or any heroes. It's about a very very old myth. A myth about a big bear-like monster that lived in the forest. There was no evidence of its existence, but according to the book, the monster only show himself to one little girl named Mei.

Izuku thinks that the monster and Mei might be best friends. But he don't understand why they call him monster if he's not really scary. If he's bad, Mei would be scared of him. That's why, this myth does not make any sense. But Izuku likes it. He hoped that he also have a best friend like the monster. If only he have this monster, he might not feel alone anymore. If only he was his friend, he will be fine. 

The illustration of the monster in the book was only a shadow of a huge animal standing in the middle of the forest. Izuku likes using his imagination of what this monster might looks like.

He put his right hand on the illustration and started to trace the figure. They only call him forest monster and Izuku thinks it was unfair. He should have a name. Everyone should have a name. Then an idea came to the small boy.

"Totoro! I think it fits you! From now on, I'll call you Totoro!" Izuku proudly announced.

Suddenly, a light appears on Izuku's hand. He immediately removed his hand to the book but the source of the light was the figure of the monster. The boy was scared, but he was also curious of what was happening. Unfortunately, the light was too bright for his tired eyes so he reflexively  closed it and cover his face with his arms.

When the light fades away, Izuku slowly opened his eyes. At first, he didn't see anything in front of him. Then he heard someone exhaled behind him, followed by a strong air.

Izuku slowly turned his head, and there it was. A big creature siting and staring down at him. It's eyes were round and big like an owl. Pointy ears like a rabbit. Nose and whiskers of a cat. It has fluffy grey fur except for its front which has a cream color.

Izuku should be terrified, or at least afraid. But no, he's curious and excited. The creature also mirrored his curiosity. This monster was not scary at all.

'Monster! That's it!' Izuku thought.

He gave the animal the brightest smile since the doctor announcement of his condition.

"Are you Totoro?" he asked.

Its eyes blinked once, twice, no, thrice, before it smiled back at him. His mouth was bigger than Izuku can imagine. And when it shows its teeth, Izuku got more excited. Finally, he's not alone anymore!

Izuku did what he really needed since his misfortune started; he hugged Totoro.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! I'm back!

This is a new fanfic that I really wanted to write since I'm a big fan of Studio Ghibli, BNHA and other anime. And expect Dadzawa in every BNHA fanfic that I make. Yep! Big fan of our best grumpy teacher!

Hope you'll like it and please, don't forget to vote, comment and follow!

Thank you!