Chapter 8: Love Hate

Start from the beginning

He really hated the fact that one stupid misunderstanding was causing Alice and him so much pain. He looked back up to Sarah with pleading eyes. As he opened his mouth to request that she explain everything to Alice, she cut him off with an apologetic look.

“I need to talk to you Jack. I really appreciate everything you did for me last night. I don’t know what kind of state I would have woken up in this morning if you hadn’t taken care of me; but I just want to make sure that you do realise that there is nothing else going on with us…right? In a way I kind of think of you like a caring brother. I know I was a little clingy last night, but I felt terrible and you were my only source of comfort at the time and I think that came across slightly in a different way than I had intended.” Sarah said, cautiously, worried about Jack’s reaction. He just stared at her blankly, he felt a slight pang of hurt hit him, but it couldn’t compare the overwhelming feeling of pain he had felt when he had seen Alice with that devastated look upon her face. He realised he hadn’t given Sarah any sort of reaction to work with. He nodded his head to show he understood and gave her a warm smile.

Sarah visibly relaxing before adding shyly “I’m also kind of with someone as well. I don’t know if you remember but the guy I was chatting with last night in the club, Chris, well I got his number and he has been texting me this morning. I don’t know if we are together for sure, but I have a good feeling about this. I also, kind of invited him over. I hope you and Alice don’t mind.” She said and then looked towards Alice’s bedroom where her door was wide open. She craned her neck to look at Alice, but couldn’t see her in there.

“Where is Alice by the way?” She asked curiously still looking around.

Jack gulped before saying “She’s in th-arrgh!” He finished off as the bathroom door was swung open and he fell backwards and onto the cold floor, taking him by surprise.

“I’m here.” Alice said, standing tall and confidently. Then she looked down at Jack and smirked down at him. “Are you going to stay down there all day?” He laughed a little as he realised that he had convinced her of the truth and she seemed satisfied with it. It might have also had something to do with Sarah’s little speech to him. But he liked to think that he had won her over with his smooth voice and his way with words.

“Ohh, I dunno, if I’m being honest, I have a pretty good view right now.” He said winking slyly at Alice. She looked at him in confusion before she realised that he could see up her dress. Jumping back away from him she squealed a little, her whole confident façade crumbling as she worried about how much he had actually been able to see. He laughed loudly at her as he stood up, brushing himself off. Alice stared at his muscly body that was in full view. She watched his muscles work as he brushed of any small bits of dirt off of him. He caught her staring and smirked at her.

“You might want to mop up that big puddle of drool you’re creating babe.” He commented, crossing his arms over his chest clearly amused. Alice just kept staring at his body. It took her a few moments to realise that she was staring at his body and not very subtly either. It took her even longer to realise he had spoken and she could only look like a guilty child caught with their hand in the sweet jar, as she processed what he had said.

“I err..what?” She asked as her mind was all muddled up with images of Jack stood in front of her. He let out a low chuckle filled with amusement. He shook his head at Alice before leaning in close to her and darting his face towards her ear. He blew gently into it making her shiver involuntarily. He tried to hold back a laugh as he seductively whispered in her ear “Red underwear looks good on you, especially when you’re wearing a matching bra.” Then he pulled back and winked cockily at her before walking out whilst laughing to himself.