Chapter 28

* Alana's POV *

It was time to rehearse for the wedding. I would be escorted down the aisle with August, why would Candice do that? I have no idea. Since it was a beach wedding, it would be no shoes & some cooler dresses. I just felt bad that Candice was gonna be wearing that big dress, but that's the dress of her dreams. August walked in & held his arm out for me to grab on. I glanced at him before glancing away, grabbing his arm walking down the aisle. Taking my spot with the rest of the bridesmaids. Candice walked down the aisle with their twins, Ashton & Aaron escorting her down to their daddy which I thought was a beautiful visual & idea since Candice's dad died months ago. I smiled as Rico grabbed Candice's hand as they reached the alter together.

* August's POV *

I watched Alana smile at Rico & Candice walking up to the alter together. My mind filled with more memories between the 2 of us, even the hard ones like how I killed the detective saving her or the time she shot all them niggas to save us. We had definitely been threw some stuff. Tonight I planned to make my move at the rehearsal dinner.

* Alana's POV *

I got ready for the rehearsal dinner putting on a navy blue body dress & my white pumps. Putting my hair up into a bun. I got inside my car driving over to the restaurant where they'd be having the rehearsal dinner. I walked in & August stood while I took my seat at the table. Everyone started holding conversations while eating the food.
Rico: I remember when I first met Candice. She was a waitress & paying her way through school. I fell in love with her when she made my eggs just the way I liked them.

Everyone started laughing.
Candice: He had that played out ass Mohawk on his head!

Everyone started laughing even harder.
August: As the best man, I'd like to make a toast.

He stood & everyone picked up their glasses.
August: I'm proud of you bruh. You fucked up on the way, but you turned everything around. You got a wonderful woman behind you every step of the way & 3 wonderful kids by y'all side. I look up to you in that way.

* Alana's POV *

August: I love you man.
Rico: Love you too bruh.

Rico stood & walked over to August giving him a hug. Everyone clapped & cheered with their glasses. August stood again, but Sean walked in walking over to me sitting down at the table next to me. I smiled.
Alana: Everyone this is my fiancé, Sean Anderson.
Sean: Nice to meet everybody.

August sat back down giving Sean a death stare. I glanced at Sean who had the biggest smile on his face. I planted a kiss on his lips.
Candice: So, Sean you're here for my wedding?
Sean: Actually yes.
August: What man lets his woman travel here alone?
Sean: A hardworking one... I told her I'd meet her here & I did. Anymore questions? Somebody seems a little damn jealous, don't ya think?

August stood up.
August: Come outside nigga.

Sean stood up like he was ready for the challenge. I stood grabbing Sean.
Alana: Sean sit down. August, just stop!

I grabbed Sean's hand.
August: So you just gone choose this nigga over me?

I closed my eyes, shaking my head. I got up from the table walking out. I walked out on the beach with my shoes in my hand listening to the waves. Walking on the shore feeling the water on my feet. August walked straight up to me.
Alana: What are you doing here?
August: Checking on you.
Alana: Well, I'm fine.
August: Well, I know that.

He said smiling down at me being funny. I looked up at him. He stared down at me & tried to kiss me, but I moved out the way.
Alana: August, I'm engaged.
August: I know, can't help but to notice with that damn ring on you're finger.
Alana: Well...
August: You been here 2 days & ain't even mentioned his ass until he got here.
Alana: He's a good man.
August: Well, why his good ass ain't down here checking on you?
Alana: August, I don't have to explain shit to you!

I started to walk off...
August: All I'm saying is... The ring don't mean shit if you ain't happy!

I stopped with my back facing him listening to what he just said.
August: Are you happy?

I shook my head & started walking back towards the restaurant.