Chapter 25

* Alana's POV *

I got up looking around the room. Sean was absent, but a woman with tan skin, long black hair pinned up into a ball, wearing a black dress walked into the room. I stared at her as she passed me a platter of breakfast with pancakes, bacon, eggs, & strawberries with some OJ to the side.
Woman: Here's your breakfast. There's also a letter from Mr. Anderson on the platter that he'd like you to read.

She said smiling. She walked out the room & back down the stairs. I opened the letter from Sean which read:
Alana,
You deserve the finer things in life. I've left something under your pillow... Enjoy your day. Love you.

I smiled & looked under the pillow discovering a black card, turning back around & finishing my breakfast.

* August's POV *

The wedding was 2 weeks away. Rico walked in through the door sitting down on the couch.
Rico: 2 weeks, you ready?
August: I think I am. Ready to get ha back.
Rico: Yungin, you better do the right thing.
August: Hell yeah I will.

* Alana's POV *

Walking out on the beach, to a table filled with candles. I smiled at the figure standing by staring at the ocean, pretty sure it was Sean. I walked over closer to him & he turned around facing me, revealing it to be August. I stood there in shock & closed my eyes. When I opened them, Sean was standing there clapping his hands in front of my face for my attention. I quickly glanced around & hugged him. My mind was definitely playing tricks on me. He laughed.
Sean: Either you're really happy to see me or just need a hug.
Alana: Both.
Sean: Have a seat.

He pulled the chair back from the table so I could sit down. While he sat down beside me. I smiled over at him, listening to the waves coming up on shore.
Alana: This is very nice.
Sean: All for you.
Alana: Thank you.

I smiled while taking a bite of the food. He gently touched my chin, making me look into his face.
Sean: You know, everything about you is different. Everything is so unique about you.
Alana: Thank you.
Sean: We've both found ourselves attracted to one another & both got out of some past failed relationships.
Alana: That's very true.
Sean: I love being around you. I know it's only been about 2 months, but...

I stared at him as he pulled out a black box placing it on the table. All I was thinking about in my head was another expensive gift.
Alana: You can really quit with all the expensive gifts. I'm not in love with your money.

He smiled placing his hands on mine.
Sean: Why don't you open it first?

I sighed placing my fork down & opening the box while looking at him. When I glanced down, I couldn't believe what my eyes were seeing.
Sean: Will you marry me Alana?

I was in shock staring at him. I was at a loss for words, saying what came to mind first.
Alana: Yes.

He smiled taking the ring out putting it on my finger. We stood up & he picked me up from around my waist, squeezing me so tight. I smiled & looked down at him as our lips met.