Chapter 26

* Alana's POV *

I put on my white tight knee length dress with my badge floral pumps, my hair in natural curls with pink lipstick. Walking down the stairs grabbing the keys to my brand new black Mercedes Benz. I drove over to meet Candice for some lunch. She sat down at the other end of the table, while I took off my Chanel sunglasses placing them on the table. She smiled while ordering her food & eating on a lemon.
Candice: Somebody looks mighty happy today.

She said smiling over at me.
Alana: I am actually.
Candice: What's been going on? I haven't heard from you in about 2 weeks.
Alana: You go first. What's been going on with you?
Candice: Actually, I've just finished up some last minute wedding stuff.
Alana: Well, maybe you can help me with my very own.

I put my hand flashing the ring. Her mouth dropped open.
Candice: Damn..
Alana: That's it? No aw, how this happen? I'm happy for you, congrats?
Candice: Congrats. How this happen?
Alana: Our vacation was beautiful & relaxing actually. He proposed while we were there. I said yes.
Candice: Well, I can see that.

She said pointing to the ring.
Alana: You don't sound happy for me.

She sighed & the waitress bought the food over to the table.
Candice: You don't think you're moving too fast? It's only been about 2 months, hell... It's about 3 since you & August broke it off &...

I cut her words off.
Alana: You don't think I know that? Me & August... Have

I stopped & looked down at the food.
Candice: Have what?
Alana: Nothing. I've just moved on. Everyone needs to move on, there's somebody for everybody. I'm sure some other hoochie coochie bitch will come along & make him happy. That's the least they owe him.
Candice: You don't think you owe him that?
Alana: I gave him all I had for him to fuck around on me. So Sean came along, picking up the pieces giving me what I deserve.
Candice: & what do you deserve?

I sat there looking at Candice.
Alana: Happiness. Pure happiness.

She sat there looking at me before taking her another breath.
Candice: I'm happy for you, I want you to be happy. Just don't go through this if you're not over August. If you are, congrats!
Alana: I am.
Candice: Well, congrats.
Alana: Thank you.
Candice: So are we planning already Mrs Anderson?

She laughed & joined in.
Alana: Not yet!

* August's POV *

August: She's fucking engaged?
Candice: Yeah. I tried talking her out of it, but right now.. She's blinded by everything.
August: How da fuck I'm suppose to compete with dat?
Candice: I don't know... I just know you better think fast.

I shook my head & turned on the TV. Entertainment Tonight was on...
Rocsi: This just in, rapper Big Sean is almost off the market! It's been confirmed by sources that the rapper popped the question to his girlfriend just last week. Congratulations!

I threw the remote at the tv & pushing it off the stand to the floor.