01

"Open it"

The loud rumbling of metal bars and sharp tools clutter loudly around me as I begin to open my eyes.

I almost immediately shut them back close once the heavy realisation that I had been kidnapped set it but I force myself to look up at the people before me making such a mess.

There was a bright fluorescent light that shone above me now and I grimaced at the brightness but the light was the least of my worries.

In front of me stood two girls, no older than 20, bickering and for somewhat working absentmindedly on the bars in front of them.

I glance around me to realise that I was still in the same spot as I was before with my hands and feet tied together but this time, I was able to take in the entire room.

I was locked in the middle of the room, a strong metal barred cage surrounding me like a pet as three similar other cages from all other sides of the room were filled with them. I swallowed down the dry lump that got caught in my throat that threatened to scream out in shock.

"Quit touching it would you, it's caught on this" One of the girls with brunette long hair said as she smacked the other blonde girls hand.

"God you're such a bitch sometimes, I was only trying to help" she sneers at the brunette but she pays her no mind as she continues eyeing the problem in front of her.

I almost leap out of joy when the brunette one manages to unhinge the cage and it spreads wide open, revealing the small step of stairs that led to the door.

I suddenly lurch forward towards them, causing a loud streak from my chair and the concrete to echoes as the girls look up in shock at me before quickly hurrying outside the cage and locking it.

My heart is now beating ferociously in my chest as I try to stretch out my limbs to reach them but they hold each other, quivering at me from the other side.

"P-please help me" I barely manage to croak our from the coarseness of my throat but they ignore me as the blonde haired girl continues to hold the other one tighter.

I stare at them with confusion as they just continue to stare back at me, as if I was an animal at the zoo. Biwilderment, curiosity.

Why weren't they helping me? Why were they just standing there?

Finally, the brunette one pushes the blonde girl out of her arms and pushes her towards the stairs. "Go, now!" She orders and the blonde hurriedly  obeys as she runs up the stairs.

A pang in my heart beats against my chest as I feel my survival flame dying out as my hope and dreams of getting out are crushed.

"W-wait! Please! Don't leave me here" I scream out with all my might but I am left in response with the loud metal door slamming shut and  my heavy breaths are cut short as I realised that those girls had left me.

A wailing cry leaves my lips as fresh new tears are trickling down my cheeks as I try to free the rope wrapped around my wrists but it's no use.

"Please!"

My useless pleas were hopeless as I think back into the encounter. Those girls, whoever they were had access to the outside. They weren't locked in cages but instead were able to roam freely. Although they appeared to seek dressed in rags, they paid no attention to that I was tied up, crying out for help. Instead they ran out of the room.

Fear? Confusion?

Whatever it was it left me dumbfounded.

What the fuck was going on?

I rung my head down, my chin touching my chest as the only other sound in the room heard was my sobbing. My heart breaking screams echoing the room.

My poor family.

I wasn't sure what time it was but I would've guessed it was night time by now. They wouldn't of noticed that I was gone. It was a Friday night after all. Which teenage girl would be at home?

My parents must've thought I had gone over to my best friends house and watched movies or stayed out late with Carter.

Carter.

My heart jolted at the thought of him, my perfect boyfriend of 2 years. We were almost the ultimate high school couple. Head cheerleader dating the school's golden boy, essentially the principals son. How anymore cliche could I get?

I almost let out a small chuckle reminiscing my thoughts of my life that I seemed to live in only moments ago, only for it to be immediately crushed and replaced with immense anxious fearful thoughts.

I grit my teeth in anger as I gulp in a deep breath.

I had to be strong. I knew I had to be strong. I had owed to myself, to my family.

What years of hard working training would be for nothing if I had not fought back? My father would be disappointed in me. Training his children almost everyday for scenarios like this and instead? I was wasting my time dwelling on my thoughts and not on my actions.

I needed to be strong.

Suddenly, the loud metal door from in front of me began to creak loudly as my eyes immediately dart towards them.

My mouth agape as I stare at the figure standing in front of the doorway.

"Hello"

-

NOT EDITED (literally didn't even proofread just pressed publish LOL)