-Chapter Nine-

"What are you doing here?" I ask a bit tersely, not particularly pleased to see him again, especially since he's interrupted my otherwise perfect day by being here at all.

"Viola...I need to talk to you...please?" He murmurs, his tone pleading. I narrow my eyes irritably.

Oh, so now he wants to talk?

"Then talk." I reply, pulling the towel off my head before crossing my arms over my chest. Jacques's eyes dart to my irritated wolf that's standing just behind me, a low growl rumbling in his chest, before darting back to me.

"Privately?" He asks, and I huff.

"Anything you plan on saying to me, you can say in front of my Beloved." I answer tersely, and his eyes widen in shock.

"Beloved?" He says with disbelief, his eyes flicking back to Tyron and lingering on the mark on his shoulder, the sight of the curling vine of violets seeming to irritate him immensely.

"Yes, my Beloved." I repeat, and I feel Tyron's arm curl around my waist, his hand resting on my hip.

~Is this the asshole you told me about Darlin?~ He asks through our mind link, his wolf growling internally.

~Yes, he is.~ I reply. I had told Ty the entire story about Jacques the day after I marked him, and it's only made him despise my ex even more so. But I never expected to see him again, or wanted to for that matter.

"So go ahead Jacques, speak...and make it quick." I continue, and he hesitates.

"I really would like this to be a private conversation Viola...please?" He asks again, and I sigh. It's obvious he's not going to leave until he talks to me, and if having a private conversation with him gets him back out of my life faster, than so be it.

"Fine...Mon Chou, could you go inside please? I promise I'll join you shortly." I ask my beloved as I turn to face him and cup his cheek, and he hesitates for a moment before sighing.

~Alright, but I swear to the goddess if he tries anything-~

~I promise love, if he does, you can kick his ass after I finish breaking his nose.~ I assure through our link, and he chuckles internally before pressing a lingering kiss to my forehead.

~I love that about you...~

"Alright Darlin, but don't take too long." He answers out loud, turning to give an unfriendly glare to Jacques.

"I don't plan on it." I reply as he enters the house and closes the door behind him, and the second Ty is out of sight I turn to give Jacques a pointed look.

"We're alone, now speak."

"Really Viola? A new mate? You trying to replace me already?" He mutters, and I fight back a hiss at his attitude.

"Considering you replaced me before we even split up, you can't say a damn thing." I fire back, and he visibly flinches. Good. "Now what do you want?" I ask again, and he sighs.

"I...I came here to apologize."

As surprised as I am by his words, I keep my expression blank.

"Go on then." I reply, and he falters in his attempt.

"I was an idiot...Genevieve strung me along and made me forget what was important, I'm sorry Viola."

That's it? He broke my heart in two after everything I gave him, and all he has for me is this cheaply worded apology?

"Fine, now that you've apologized you can leave." I answer, and he stares at me in shock.