-Chapter Three-

Tyron

I honestly can't believe I agreed to go to an event like this, this isn't my family and yet I'm going to a fancy party being held at an upscale hotel...I don't even know why I agreed to go, I'd just be crashing the celebration.

~Theo invited us to go, and it's his mates family, so we won't be crashing anything. Besides, we decided to go because our mate just might be there...~ My wolf replies, and I sigh as I straighten out my suit jacket and brush back my hair once more.

It's been months since I started the hunt for my mate, and it continued to pull me up north until I reached Virginia...but since then I've pretty much been going around in circles around the coast...which is frustrating considering I've been here a few weeks now and the trail has gone cold. Though it seems that Theo was lucky in finding his mate, the young warrior had asked if he could join me since he too was feeling a pull here...and he found the young vampire girl within a few days of arriving in the state. I'm happy for him, but it's left me more impatient

They have got to be here, so why haven't I found them yet?

~I have a good feeling about this place, trust me.~ Victor murmurs, and I sigh once more before I head out of the hotel room where we've been staying and getting into my black 69 Camaro.

~You've been saying that for the past two weeks, and yet we still haven't met them.~ I grumble as I start driving towards my destination.

~Well I'm definitely sure about it this time. I can feel it...~

~If you say so..~ I reply, cutting off the conversation as I focus on the road. I want to believe him, but I don't want to get my hopes up either.

After driving for an hour or so, I arrive at the hotel, a little taken aback by just how big it is...and the obvious clientele. The lot is filled cars much more expensive than my Camaro, and just one look at the place tells me it costs three times as much a night as the room I'm currently staying in...

I'm so out of place here.

~Just go inside, and quit complaining...our mate could be in there.~ Victor huffs impatiently, and I sigh as I park my car and head inside.

The inside of the hotel is even more impressive than the outside, with a tall, cavernous ceiling decorated ornately with gold trim and and dark red paint. The marble floor has sections covered with rugs in both the walkway to the front desk and the sitting areas with leather furniture.

Trying to ignore how out of place I feel, I continue my way to the front desk to ask for directions to the event, and I'm greeted by an admittedly attractive woman at the desk, noticing how her eyes roam appreciatively over my body. As flattered as I am though, she doesn't hold any appeal for me...that honor is exclusively for my mate...whoever they are.

"Can I help you handsome?" She asks with a coy smile, batting her eyes at me in an attempt to flirt.

"I'm here to attend an engagement party held by the Stone family, can you tell me which floor it's being held on?" I ask, giving her a polite smile as I pull the invitation from my coats inside pocket. She glances at it before checking the computer, her eyes peeking back up at me.

"If you don't have a date...I would be delighted to join you." She offers, her less that subtle flirting almost amusing.

"I actually plan on meeting someone at the party, so I'll have to pass on your offer." I answer politely, her disappointment noticeable.

"That's too bad...perhaps another time." She murmurs, and I keep my mouth shut. If I meet my mate here or not, there won't be an occasion where I'd except her invitation...as attractive as she is, she's not the one I'm looking for.