19

EMMA POV:

I was in my apartment now. I came back from James' house this morning, and I was eating breakfast while I was looking at Ethan's instagram. I sighed. Oh how I loved those big brown eyes, and his smile, and his laugh, and the way he used to hold me, and how he would call me baby. I took another bite of my oatmeal, when I got a text.

I almost choked on it when I saw who was texting me. I swallowed the oatmeal chunk, and I opened the messages app.

It was from Ethan. It read, "Hey, Emma. Sorry about what happened yesterday. I really wish I told you sooner. It's my fault for pushing you away and I didn't really know how to deal with this loss. I realized that I needed to be with the people I loved, and Grayson did too, so we both flew out to New Jersey at 4 am. I didn't realize that I just needed to be with you all along. I bought you tickets. Please come, Emma. You don't understand how much I need you here right now. The service is happening tomorrow, and I know that I can't get through it without you."

Attached were the tickets for today, Sunday, through Saturday. One week. 

"You can't even begin to imagine how much I've fucking missed you too. I'll be there, E." I responded.

I looked at the tickets, and I looked at the times. Okay. The flight was at 3 pm. Right now it was 9 am. I had some time. I finished my oatmeal and I checked the weather in NJ and I packed accordingly. It looked like it was gonna be cold.

When I finished packing everything, I printed the tickets. It was almost 1 pm now. It took a lot of time to try everything on and see if it worked. For the service, I made sure to bring black pants, a cute black shirt, and a dark jacket with matching shoes. I hated that we were getting together over this. I wish his dad was still here. I wish I could have met his dad! I've only heard stories and seen videos.

I ordered an Uber and I was off to the airport. I got through security and everything, and I just sat down at a Starbucks. I got a coffee and just pondered about everything. I was meeting his family for the first time. All of his uncles, cousins, his mom, his sister. Oh shit. I just realized that. I took a deep breath and checked the time. Okay. It was 2:30 -ish. I got up and headed over to the gate. I drank my coffee and when 3 pm came by I boarded the plane. He got me first class seats! He was so kind! I was also really happy he did because when people were boarding some would recognize me and start talking to me even though I had my AirPods on already. I know I sounded petty, but I needed to just relax and I was too tired to actually talk to people.

I didn't sleep on the plane, and I just edited for the majority of the ride, and just laid back and relaxed for the other part. I couldn't wait to see Ethan and Grayson again without having to fight them.

The flight was 5 hours, nonstop and despite it being first class I just needed to walk. I did recline my seat a long ways though. I got stares from the other people in first class because they're like, 'what's a 12 year old doing in first class alone?' But whatever. I curled up with my teddy jacket and I waited for the flight attendant kindly told me to bring my seat back up because we were getting ready to land.

I put my shit away in my pink Kanken bag, and I sat there, looking around while the plane was landing. I saw this cute guy smile at me when I looked back. I just turned back around and I stared at the screen in front of me. There was no way that guy found me cute. Nope. He was looking at the flight attendant or something. Nope. I had acne, and I had my glasses on because I wasn't wearing contacts on a 5 hour plane ride. When the plane landed, I put my AirPods in, and I put my teddy jacket on, and my Kanken bag on my back, and I grabbed my carry-on luggage from the overhead compartment.

I left the plane and I called Ethan when I got out.

"Hey, Em. I'm on my way, babe." I could tell he was smiling.