Chapter Thirty-One: How Are You Guys?

Start from the beginning

" We sure do, I will go put that order in. " I smiled as I walked to the kitchen.

I walk back to the island with their milkshakes in hand, " Here you go. "

" Thank you. " Grayson smiled.

" Okay so you remember Carl right? " Sam asked.

" Yeah. " Grayson nods.

" He finally got a girlfriend. " Sam said.

" What who? " Grayson asked.

" Cindy. "

" Seriously, why would she go for Carl? " Grayson asked.

I stair at both of them for a second before walking back to the kitchen to grab the food Sam ordered.

Why are boys conversations so weird, is that really what they talk about?

I walked back out with a plate of home fries, " Here are the fries. "

" Thank you! " Sam yelled.

Damn he must be hungry, or he can't hear himself talk so he doesn't know he's yelling.

12:30 pm.

From 12 to 2 is the slow hours for the diner.

I sit on the stole behind the cash, Sam hasn't stopped talking since he stepped into the diner. I don't know how Grayson's ears haven't fallen off yet. I guess he would be used to it since he's been friends with Sam I think his whole life.

" Do you want to head back to my place now? " Grayson asked.

Yes! Please leave, boys conversations confuse me.

" Yeah sure. " Sam said.

They walk over to the cash to pay.

" You total is $12.00. " I smiled.

Grayson hands me a twenty dollar bill. I hand him back his change.

" I'll text you later. " Grayson smiled.

" Okay " I smiled.

" Nice seeing you again. " Sam said.

" You too. "

" Bye. " Grayson smiled before him and Sam walk out of the side entrance for the diner.

I have a sigh of relief finally some piece and quiet. Sam would not stop talking, honestly that guy needs an off switch.

2:30 pm.

The diner finally is starts to get busy, the whole placed fills with mumbles of chatter. I start to take peoples orders, bring peoples food and have people pay.

I stand behind the island waiting for peoples food to be ready, The bell by the door rings, I look over to see who's walking inside.

Rosie and Wyatt, they walk over and sit down at one of the empty tables that just so happens to be on that I'm waiting. Perfect.

I don't even know why I'm nervous, it's not like we haven't talked in three months or anything. It's not like they could ask for another waitress because knowing Rosie she would do that.

I grab the food for another table, " Here is your food. "

" Thank you. " the lady smiled.

I move to the table beside them which is Rosie and Wyatt.

" Hi I'll be your waiter today, what can I get for you? " I asked.

They both look up at me, Rosie looks like she trying to hide a bitch face while Wyatt looks slightly less like he's trying to hide a bitch face.