XVIII

Justin's POV

Everyone is currently sleeping and Jason has snuck his way into bed without waking me. I lay there thinking about why he gets so clingy and protective over me before acting like I don't exist.

It honestly pisses me off.

Sighing, I look down at the arm wrapped around my body. I somehow manage to slip from under it without waking Jason up.

Where should I go? The park.

I quickly shrug on my leather jacket and swiftly slip my shoes on before stealthily creeping into the hallway. After giving the bed one last glance from the corridor, I tiptoe downstairs and silently open the door.

The cold night air hits my face and neck as my body comes in contact with the outside world. Chills are sent down my spine from the wind causing goosebumps to form on my skin.

Holding my jacket closer, I stroll down the sidewalk casually not to make anything seem suspicious; though nothing is or should be. I can see my breath turn into steam as I exhale, telling me it was pretty cold outside.

It may have been fall but it was starting to feel more like winter. Because of Minnesota being Minnesota, it gets extremely cold in the winter months.

I guess that is a bad thing about not living in a state like this before...

"Christ!" I mutter to myself as the wind throws itself at me, the air nipping at my nose and cheeks.

After a few more minutes I sit down on a bench in the nearby park. I look up at the night sky and focus on the stars, glowing bright than ever. A smile graces my lips as the beautiful scene above me imprints itself in my mind.

Soon enough my mind clears and I start thinking about random topics. Some happy memories...some sad ones. The worst one fills my head as I focus on the moon.

The scene of my parents both on the floor dead. I don't feel the tear rolling down my cheek until after I play the whole scene in my head.

Finding myself sniffling, I wipe my eyes and rub my sleeve under my nose to clean any snot that had made its way there. The wind blows harder and I cling onto the only source of warmth I have.

That is until I feel something extremely hot sit next to me. I turn my head to be met with the only dude I've been thinking about.

"Why are you out here?" He asks as he scoots closer.

"I could ask you the same thing," I laugh as he wraps an arm around my body.

"It's cold," He says, the moonlight reflecting off his blue eyes.

I stare at his bright orbs as he continues to speak, me not hearing a single word he says. My eyes will not move until I notice his eyes looking back at mine.

A blush creeps unto my cheeks almost immediately. He caught me staring and I admit, I'm kind of embarrassed.

Suddenly, his lips are on mine and all I can do for the first few seconds is widen my eyes in surprise. He starts to pull back but I quickly bring him closer by his neck.

Our lips move in sync as I grip onto his shirt. After a while we break the kiss to catch our breath and I look up at him.

"What was that for?" I question as I feel my swollen lips, a smirk painting his face.

I squint my eyes at him and all he does in shrug.

"Because I felt like it," He replies as I glare at him.

A huff escapes my lips as I look back up at the sky, the moonlight shining on my face.

"Why do you do it if you're not ready for commitment?" I ask while my eyes dart across the star filled galaxy above me.

A few moments pass and he doesn't say anything. I start to think he didn't hear me before a long sigh leaves his mouth. After hearing his sigh I turn to look at him.

He looks as if he's thinking so I continue to stare.

"I...I honestly don't know. Something latches me onto you and I don't know what it is," He murmurs loud enough for me to hear before making eye contact.

My breath hitches as his eyes gaze into mine as if he is staring into my soul. It isn't a bad stare though...it makes me curious.

I raise a brow at him before biting the inside of my cheek and looking away.

"We should probably get back," I whisper as I stand up and start fast walking down the sidewalk.

I hear Jason's footsteps catching up with mine as well as his shadow in the moonlight. Still cold from the wind, he swiftly pulls me into his side. The heat from his body radiates and warms my own.

He leaves me wondering how he's always warm sometimes. I look up at him for a quick second as we get closer to the house. He is paying attention to what is in front of him.

Looking back down, I start to recognize the pathway I usually walk down. I glance up at the house as he opens the door.

"You seriously didn't lock the door?" I ask,
flabbergasted.

"I don't have a key and nobody would come to let us in because they like their sleep that much. Not so much you...," is all Jason says before entering, me following after.

He stops in the kitchen while I walk past him to go up the steps.

"I'm gonna do something real quick, I'll be up there in a bit," He calls out.

"Uh...okay," I mumble immediately wondering what he was going to do.

I continue to walk up the steps and as I turn the corner I bump into someone. The person is two inches taller than me and I can only assume it is Namjoon by the deep voice that mutters 'sorry.'

"Can't sleep?" I ask as flip on the hallway light.

He gives me a soft smile, dimples showing, before shaking his head. "No...you?"

"I can't either. I went out for some air," I respond as I look at his bed hair. "I'm sure Yoongi is sleeping like a baby?"

"Of course. When is he not?" Namjoon laughs before giving me a wave and heading back to his and Yoongi's room.

I shake my head in amusement before scurrying to my shared room with the one and only Jason. Surprisingly, my eyes droop as I slip into the bed after taking my shoes off.

I keep my eyes open until Jason slides in next to me and spoons me. After that, I go into dreamland within seconds.

————

I'm FINALLY done taking exams for now. I take my honors history one Monday and the rest of my honors math on that day too.

I did pretty well on all of my test except for math because we have a teacher that doesn't teach so 99% of his students are failing or close to it.

Anywaysssss, please VOTE!